cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog on installing and operating the J2EE 1.4 / JEE 5 preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently wrote a blog on installing and operating the J2EE 1.4 / JEE 5 preview:

/people/oliver.schmidt/blog/2006/05/16/installing-and-operating-the-sap-netweaver-j2ee-preview

It's not about solving problems but about general tips. Nevertheless it might be of interest for some of you...

Best, Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fail to deploy the "Virtual Shop Lite " Sample in

SAP Netweaver J2EE Preview (Release SAP NetWeaver™ 2007).

I select the SAP Server node and choose Publish from the context menu. The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio switches to the Deploy View Console view.

At this time, the "Logon to SAP J2EE Engine" window appear.

I enter the below user and password.

user : Administrator

password : <master-password>

In the Deploy View Console, the below messages appear:

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.AuthenticationException:

[#1]:Session::checkForTicketException:[Base Login Exception], cause=The user account is expired,or not valid yet.[more]

[#1]:DC API is trying to connect to "localhost:50004".

What should I do ?

(I try the 20th time but the result is the same.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi oliver, i am a bit confused with the following downloads. firstly, i am not so interested in the older 2004 stuff, more so the 2004s, JEE 2.

so what's the deal with

J2EE from here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/da699d27-0b01-0010-99b0-f11458f31ef2

which i have downloaded on a CD !

and then there is a variety from here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

my confusion especially surrounds the Full Java Edition 2004s - SAP NetWeaver 04s SP7. it contains 5 files: 1.9GB, 1.9GB, 639MB, 446MB, 268MB, where as the first link only 1 that fits on the one cd which has both J2EE 1.4 and JEE 5, and even the Dev Studio.

what is happening ??? i am so confused

thanks

glen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Congratulation on being only a <b>bit</b> confused

I wrote in my last post:

<i>The new J2EE Preview is even more slim than the Slim Java Edition and complies to J2EE 1.4 (and a JEE 5 Preview) running on JSE 5 while the Slim Java Edition complies to J2EE 1.3 running on J2SE 1.4.</i>

What I wanted to express with that statement (beside the Java releases) is that the new J2EE Preview like the Slim Java Edition only contains the 'SAP NetWeaver Application Server - Java' and the 'SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio'.

Best, Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

The lates 1.5 JRA is there as a jar file: JP\JC\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\j2eeca\connector.jar

and as a runtime library called "j2eeca".

For the deploy view - if you have installed both the J2EE1.4 and JEE5 preview, as a result you will get only one IDE installed. Use it for BOTH insatllations, just in the preferences you need to change the server to connect to.

Regards Galin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the great blog. Can you tell me where to find the version 1.5 (or latest version) of JRA? In the Slim verion of SAP J2EE, it has the Deploy tool to deploy it but I couldn't find the same tool in J2EE 1.4 preview. Please advise.

Regards,

Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

unfortunately I have no idea

Best, Oliver

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

just to get clear.

What is the difference between the slim/full Java Preview Edtion and this new Java J2EE 1.4 Edition ?

Thanks

Elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

The difference between the Sneak Preview Slim and Full Java Edition should become clear on

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

The new J2EE Preview is even more slim than the Slim Java Edition and complies to J2EE 1.4 (and a JEE 5 Preview) running on JSE 5 while the Slim Java Edition complies to J2EE 1.3 running on J2SE 1.4.

Best, Oliver

P.S.: ...the points...

harald_mueller
Participant
0 Kudos

In the DevStudio there is a View called 'Deploy View'. You can add and deploy standard J2EE archives (ears, wars, ..) and sda's there. There is also a deploy commandline script which you can execute. You can find that in: C:\SAP\JP1\JC00\j2ee\deployment\scripts.

Harald