cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build project in NWDS from ear file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do know that it maynot be possible to build a project from a .ear file but I am sure there must be a way out. I am sure someone else would have faced the same problem that I am facing.

This is what happened. We had a consultant working on our ESS/MSS appplications in the studio. He made changes to a few ESS/MSS applications. However, while deploying, he did not use NWDI even though we do have NWDI available. He simply imported the .ear files in all the development, quality and production portals. Because of this, the changed source code is not available on NWDI and when I import the configuration from NWDI, I only get the old source code.

I do have al the .ear files he deployed. So, my question is, is there anyway for me to build the project from the .ear file? I do know how to decompile the CLASS files on the ear file and look at the code but I was hoping for a way to build the entire project with the changed source code in NWDS. Or Is there anyway to synchronize the NWDI source code with the deployed source code. Please respond ONLY if you have actually managed to resolve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This is hardly possible even if you have Java decompiler -- WD has a lot compile(design)-time only artifcats that are not exist in generated EAR.

Regards,

Vipin.