cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about installtion of ORACLE RDBMS Patch 10.2.0.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,buddies

Now i trying to install NetWeaver 7.0 with EHP1 .

During the installtion,it note me to upgrade my oracle 10.2 to Patch 10.2.0.4.

I follow the README in the Patch to Update Oracle Time Zone Version

And it tell me "see OracleMetaLink document 553812.1 "

but i have no license to access the OracleMetaLink.

Could anyone tell me how to update the oracle time zone version?

My OS is Suse_Linux_10_X86_64bit

thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it has been solved

just skip the warning or install patch10.2.0.2 instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when patching from a lower 10.2.0.X release to 10.2.0.4 or upgrading from 10.1.0.X directly to 10.2.0.4

Check the current version of the Oracle time zone definitions

SQL> conn / as sysdba

Connected.

SQL> SELECT version FROM v$timezone_file;

VERSION

-

If this reports a version 4 then there is no action to take for the Oracle time zone definitions, apply 10.2.0.4 or upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2.0.4 without any action on TSLTZ or TSTZ data. Follow the upgrade or patchset apply instructions, you can skip any DST related sections.

If this reports a timezone version higher then 4 please see point 2) in this note.

If this reports a timezone version lower then 4 please see point 3) in this note.

3B) when upgrading from 10.1.0.x or updating a lower 10.2.0.X version to 10.2.0.4.

Check if you are storing user TZ (TSTZ and TSLTZ) data use this sql query:

select c.owner || '.' || c.table_name || '(' || c.column_name || ') -' || c.data_type || ' ' col

from dba_tab_cols c, dba_objects o

where c.data_type like '%TIME ZONE'

and c.owner=o.owner

and c.table_name = o.object_name

and o.object_type = 'TABLE'

order by col

/

Check if there is something outside the Data Dictionary (= other then SYS or WMSYS objects).

A full overview of the Data Dictionary tables returned in 10g / 11g is found in: Note 402614.1 Time Zone Data in the Data Dictionary During a Time Zone File Update

For the sys objects, check if you are using DBMS_SCHEDULER for scheduler$_job and so on.

Note: DBMS_JOBS uses "sysdate" and has no TZ data stored. DBMS_SCHEDULER is a new/different way to schedule jobs in 10g.

These are the standard Oracle provided jobs and schedules for a 10g database:

SQL> SELECT object_name FROM dba_objects WHERE object_id IN (SELECT obj# FROM scheduler$_window);

OBJECT_NAME

-

WEEKNIGHT_WINDOW

WEEKEND_WINDOW

SQL> SELECT object_name FROM dba_objects WHERE object_id IN (SELECT obj# FROM scheduler$_job);

OBJECT_NAME

-

PURGE_LOG

FGR$AUTOPURGE_JOB

GATHER_STATS_JOB

AUTO_SPACE_ADVISOR_JOB

RLM$EVTCLEANUP

RLM$SCHDNEGACTION

6 rows selected.

If you have ORACLE_OCM installed in 10g you will also see

MGMT_CONFIG_JOB and MGMT_STATS_CONFIG_JOB jobs, bringing the total to 8.

The standard oracle provided 10g usage of TZ data in DBMS_SCHEDULER is not critical, the Oracle provided jobs don't depend on being executed on a exact hour.

You can have basically 4 situations:

3Ba) If you have no user TZ (TSTZ and/or TSLTZ) data and only the Oracle provided jobs in DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs defined then there is no action to take for the Oracle time zone definitions, upgrade from 10.1.0.x or patch 10.2.0.x to 10.2.0.4, you can skip any DST related sections in the upgrade or patch instructions.

Just do the "ORA-01882" check in the box below after you are on 10.2.0.4. No need to run utltzpv4.sql (=do point 4).

3Bb) If you have user TZ (TSTZ and/or TSLTZ) data and only the Oracle provided jobs in DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs, you can ignore any SYS.scheduler$% columns reported by utltzpv4.sql, just do the "ORA-01882" check in the box below after you are on 10.2.0.4.You need to go to point 4) however to check any user data.

3Bc) If you have no user TZ (TSTZ and/or TSLTZ) data but you have your own DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs defined, and they are time critical, then we suggest to run utltzpv4.sql (see point 4) and see if any rows rows in SYS.SCHEDULER$% are listed. If no rows are found by utltzpv4.sql, there is no action to take on any job. If rows are reported in SYS.SCHEDULER$% then drop your jobs if they are time critical before upgrading to 10.2.0.4 and resubmit them after the update/upgrade is finished. The Oracle provided jobs can be left alone, no need to recreate them. Just do the "ORA-01882" check in the box below after you are on 10.2.0.4 if utltzpv4.sql reports SYS.SCHEDULER$% data.In this case there is no other action (besides maybe dropping and recreating your own DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs and do the 1882 check) to take for the Oracle time zone definitions upgrade from 10.1.0.x or 10.2.0.x to 10.2.0.4, you can skip any DST related sections in the upgrade or patch instructions.

3Bd) If you have user TZ (TSTZ and/or TSLTZ) data and your own DBMS_SCHEDULER jobs, and they are time critical, we suggest to run utltzpv4.sql (point 4) and see if any rows rows in SYS.SCHEDULER$% are listed. If not, then there is no action to take on any job. If rows are reported, drop your own jobs before upgrading to 10.2.0.4 and resubmit them after the update/upgrade is finished. The Oracle provided jobs can be left alone, no need to recreate them, just do the "ORA-01882" check in the box below after you are on 10.2.0.4. Go in any case to point 4) and run utltzpv4.sql to see if you need to take action on user data.

If you have only the standard jobs (or non time critical own jobs) and after upgrading to 10.2.0.4 a "select * from dba_scheduler_jobs;" from the sqlplus found in the oracle_home on the server (!!! this is important !!!) gives "ORA-01882: timezone region %s not found" then you need to run Fix1882.sql mentioned in Note 414590.1. This will not harm the database.

If you do NOT have a ORA-01882 when using the sqlplus found in the oracle_home on the server but you DO have it when connecting from a remote client then it means the remote client has not been updated to DSTv3 or higher. In that case running the script will NOT solve the issue, you then need to apply the RDBMS DST V3 or higher patch to the client to solve the error. For windows clients see Note 417893.1 How To Apply The V4 DST Patches To Windows Clients or Servers

Regards

Uday

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In oracle 10.2.0.2 to oracle 10.2.0.4 upgrade there is no seperate procedure to update oracle time zone settings. just do the upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny

exactly, my current version is 10.2.0.1.0

after i execute SELECT version FROM v$timezone_file;

it show that version is 2, and the README note that must a 4

When i run the "runInstaller" directly by ora<sid> of the patch

is was terminated just in the Product-Specific Prerequiste Checks

Thanks

Hounly

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to upgrade it to 10.2.0.2 and then to 10.2.0.4.

Also what error are you getting in prerequisite check ?

Thanks

Sunny