cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI connections to Load Balancer on ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt regarding PI connections to ECC.

Where can we check how does PI connect to ECC.

What is url or host name and port it is using.

what is the protocol.

also if there is a load balancer used for ECC. How should PI connect to it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this thread

for Idoc to file scenario

for proxy to JMS scenario

for file to Idoc scenario

best option is search SDN you will find no of blogs,wikis...

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

--> If you want to know whether the ECC system is connected your PI system or not.

-->If you want to import the interfaces like RFC and IDOC from your ECC into PI system we need to have connection from PI to ECC.

-->Its quite simple while creating the name space select the radibutton import of rfc and idoc from the sap systems permitted and maintain the required parameters and under imported objects try to import the RFC or IDOC if the connection is established with ECC from PI list of IDOCs and RFC's will be displayed.

-->other wise it throws connection to ECC is not established.

-->It does not matter whether we are sending the IDOC or receiving the IDOC from ECC.Because the connection is not dependent on these factors.

-->For connection with ECC port is not required.But in the case of Idoc scenario it is required.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if ECC act as sender to PI and it is sending an Idoc then

The RFC destination of type 3 is created to provide IDOC a route from SAP system to PI server.(usingSM59 in ECC system)

WE21- To Create IDoc Ports .

WE20- To Create Partner Profiles .

If ECC act as receiver of Idoc from PI then

The RFC destination of type 3 is created to provide IDOC a route from PI server to ECC .(usingSM59 in PI server)

IDX1is used to create Port (Transactional RFC) and map it with the RFC destination .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know how does ECC and PI are connected.

Is it an HTTP connection or some other protocol.

I have proxy to JMS, file to Idoc and Idon to file interfaces.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

-->In your first case PROXY.

while dealing with proxies the interfaces which we develop in the PI system should be visible in your ECC system because you can generate proxies on the message interfaces itself whether it may be a client proxy or the server proxy.

-->To get the message interface visible in your ECC system we need to have connection from ECC to PI system that should be of Type H RFC destination should create in your ECC system.IN his we need to maintain the path prefix and log onc redentials etc etc......

--->Your second and third case

Before triggering the End to end scenario you need to create the mapping ect.. in your IR part so to import your IDOC in to your IR from ECC we need have the conncetion with ECC and check my above reply also.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done with the settings for my scenarios.

I want to know right now we are directly connecting ECC application server.

Now we need to go through the Load Balancer. What needs to be done in this case?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis handled it.

Closed