cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Store procedure using XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use store proc to create Univ in XIr2?

THanks

G

Edited by: toblerone65 on Sep 25, 2009 12:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no explicit feature available in BO XI R2 designer to include stored procedures in a universe. So we can not run multiple out put parameter stored procedures, but we can run or include a u2018Stored procedureu2019 with single out put parameter in a universe.

BO XI 3.0/3.1 has an explicit feature to create stored procedure universes, where we can use multiple out put parameter stored procedure at universe level

XIR2 Limitation: The object definition will support only select statement

Workaround:

Follow the steps to use a stored procedure at universe level

1) Create a Stored Procedure in Data Base

2) Call the Stored Procedure with a Function

3) Call that function in the Universe Designer Object Definition

4) Use that Object to run a Stored Procedure

Ex:

Sample Stored Procedure Code:

Create or replace procedure pps(enam In char,tem OUT char)

IS

BEGIN

while enam='SMITH'

loop

tem:='EMPLOYEE';

end loop;

END pps;

/

Sample Function Code:

Create or replace FUNCTION CRS(a_devise2 IN char)return varchar2

IS

toto varchar2(20) ;

BEGIN

PPS(a_devise2 ,toto );

return toto ;

END CRS;

/

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stored Procedures are supported in universes since XI 3.0.

However it is possible to access to stored procedures via Crystal Reports or Desktop Intelligence in direct access.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

toblerone65,

The short answer is "no", not in XIr2, however, if you're using SQL Server 2005 (or higher) and would like to go the "OLEDB" route, contributor Dmitry Biryukov on the BoB forum explains how he achieved the nearly impossible. Because I'm on SQL Server 2000 (I know it's a dinosaur but the choice is out of my hands right now) I couldn't get it to work on my site, but if you're a bit more modernized and not have to deal with too many security lockdowns, you might get there from here. Here is the link: [http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=129027]

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

toblerone65,

The short answer is "no", not in XIr2, however, if you're using SQL Server 2005 (or higher) and would like to go the "OLEDB" route, contributor Dmitry Biryukov on the BoB forum explains how he achieved the nearly impossible. Because I'm on SQL Server 2000 (I know it's a dinosaur but the choice is out of my hands right now) I couldn't get it to work on my site, but if you're a bit more modernized and not have to deal with too many security lockdowns, you might get there from here. Here is the link: [http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=129027]

Thanks,

John