cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM Importing Master Agreement: Is it possible to import custom collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking to migrate some legacy data into CLM using the import master agreement (setup->Import and Export Tools). This approach works fine for all standard data as well as extensions that are single entry fields (not collections). We would like to load some data into extension field that are collections and are wondering what is the best, most efficient way to accomplish this.

I can only think of the following method:

Import all master agreement data standard fields and extension fields (not collections). Once all are entered, we go into the master agreement and add the collection data manually or by importing csv files at that time.

This method will be time consuming. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you able to upload the contract documents also. We do also have similar requirement and we could only upload only master agreement.

Please let us know how could you upload the contract documents also.

Please let us know the exact field which is giving problem for master agreements , so that i can help you.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We only have this issue with custom defined collections and we have solved our problem by creating dummy fields to hold the multiple entries and populate the collection with scripting on the import.

As for attachements, we just plan on doing it manually. Let me know if you hear of another way.

Cheers,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle & Venkat,

I am trying to import the contract through 'contract import workbook' present in RG.

I have made & verified changes in field data values of the three worksheets in contracts.

Now when i try importing, it gets failed giving me the error - An error was encountered in column CONTACT/LOCATION.

However, the same values do exist in Master Data.

Can you please let me know if the same error occured with you folks & possible troubleshooting.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tripti