Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about SDK and Screen Painter Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all Gurus,

i must do some things in SAB B1.

I created 2 user defind Tables and filled these tables with datas.

I created a query that select specified datas from this 2 user defind tables and some other SAP B1 tables

(INV1, OCRD, RIN1, @UserTable1 and @UserTable2 with inner joins etc.) (should i post the query and the table structure here?)

After this i created a report that schow me all needed data from all tables.

But i'm not glad because i have no access from the repetitive area in the header area but i need some information

from the repetitive area in the header area (Adresses from the sales representative persons)

Than i had an idea:

I will design a form with the Screen Painter where the employee selcet a sales representative person

and then the brockerage for the sales representative persons will be computed and the adress will be shown.

After this the employee press a button like PRINT and the salary statement will be printed.

First question: is this realisable (more than one query in a form)?

When yes, who can give me an overview how i must go?

I think, first i am designing a form with Screen Painter, then i test the form in Screen Pinter (but how?),

importing the new Form in SAB B1 and then?

Thanks a lot of all answers!

Regards Juergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen Knott

The screen painter used to make forms, but for you to display it you have to use the sdk and make a program. Once doing this the sdk can not be linked to a pld layout. You would once again through programming catch the print event and display it through your own means.....crystal reports,adobe form,etc.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your answer!!

When i understand, then i can make forms with Screen Painter but this forms are not printable. That's horrible because since a lot of days i'm looking for an answer to solve my problem.

OK, when i understand, i must make a programm in Visual Basic that use two querys and give the result to another programm that can print the result? Can i send you a screenshot and the query, so that you understand what my problem is?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards Juergen

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

I understand exactly what your problem is, i had the same problem. What i did to solve it is i used ALD. Itw orks great, you can take your query result and place it as you please. But the ald will sonn not be supported by SAP.

The other option is to make a program. You must remember that when programing you can get your info through a query and then cleverly place it on the form made with Screen Painter. Please do remember that programming is not a over night sunject to learn, also to display it using your own means is not always the simplest task.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis!

Thanks for your answer!!

The problem is not to make a program. I learned bevor 5 years programming in VB, C, C+, Visual C+ and another programming languages. My problem is to learn and to use objects from SAP SDK libraries. Another problem is, how can i link queries in Screen Painter, linking Screen Painter Forms in SAP B1, means the "all in one learning" packet. It will be nice when i can get documentation (step by step) to make the project and solve my problem.

Regards Juergen

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Maybe you can have a look to B1DE tools (Development Tools) provided as free source in SDN. With B1DE you can easily create a B1 addon by using a wizard. The result project will contain SDK objects (DI and UI). Maybe you can use B1DE to have a first contact with B1 SDK objects.

There are also other useful tools inside the SDK Tools page, please have a look to it at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/businessone

then choose SDK Tools menu in the download area in the right of the B1 page.

Hope it helps

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad!

Thanks for your answer!

I downloaded the B1DE-Tools and installed it, but do you know a way to use the B1DE Tools with Visual Studio 6.0?

Is it possible to load the Visual Basic 2005 Edition <free Download> from Microsoft?

Thanks a lot!

Regards Juergen

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

You need to have VS.NET 2003 version to be able to use B1DE. B1DE is not yet ready to work with VS.NET 2005.

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad,

thanks for answer!

That's not nice that the B1DE-Tools only working with VS.NET 2003

Now, i will have a look if i find another information to create my own programm (connect to Database, set queries in a form, etc).

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Regards from Hamburg

Juergen

Answers (0)