cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have PCo installed on the OPC server. I am facing an error when subscribing to a tag (using browsing method vs. manual entry) in the OPC DA Agent Instance. Can somebody explain what the following error means and probably how to fix it -

"Browsing has failed. Please check the connections and try again.

{The browse request returned with an error.}"

Thanks,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

Was the error in the PCo log or an alert dialog? You should also check the server's event viewer to see if any other issues were happening at that time. Sometimes browsing for items can get hung by the large number of items available. I am curious as to how many agent instances you have as well as your source system setup.

If this a continuing issue, I would strongly recommend submitting a support ticket for this. Attach the logs and a screenshot of the error message to the ticket.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the event viewer. There is a security failure audit 'windows firewall has detected an application listening for incoming traffic'???

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

Check the remote procedure call in services is running or not? If firewall is on you ave to allow remote administration service in firewall.

Check your windows firewall/ICS service is turned off.It is recommend that you turn off the Windows Firewall if you are using a third party product. Having more than one firewall does not make you safer and will be more complicated in configuration.

-Suresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

Which OPC server are you using? Did you check that the OPC server has the license to browse the tags.

Also you can do a test for connecting the OPC server. For this download any third party OPC client and install it. From this try to connect and browse the tags.It is better to have same OPC Client (i.e from the provider of OPC server which is running now) .

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

We are using RSLinx and their test client. I believe it has the license to browse the tags. It was provided by the PLC vendor. What do you suggest/recommend for a OPC A&E server and client. Something free to download for testing purposes.

Thanks,

Chanti.