cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Syndication through API

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have enterprise portal integrated with MDM.I have created a manual port & assigned a syndicate map. As soon as record is saved on portal,an API triggers to syndicate the record from MDM to ready folder.Syndication is controlled by MDSS server.Syndication was not happening so we have tried following til now :

1.Changed the "Admin" id's password in Console

2.Changed the password in MDSS.ini file

3.Re-started MDSS server

I guess there may be a mistake in changing the password.Could you please tell the steps of changing the password in MDSS.ini file.There are two password parameters in ini file (password & passwordE).Where to change the password? Should passwordE be encrypted automatically?Do I need to delete "E" in passwordE ? and when we re-start the MDSS server,it will automatically convert Password to passwordE with encrypted password.

Appreciate your help

Kind Regards,

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet ,

Password - The password defined on the MDM Console for the User parameter value. Converted to PasswordE when read by MDSS.

PasswordE - Encrypted version of the Password parameter value. Do not modify or delete this value/string.

To change the value of an encrypted password -

Enter a new Password parameter in the mdss.ini file with the updated password value. Restart MDSS .When MDSS reads the new Password parameter, it will convert the parameter to PasswordE and display only the encrypted version of the password.

Hope this works. Pl confirm back if you resolve with this.

Regards,

Vinay M.S