cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider Issue : No data displayed from ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Checked threads and help about multiproviders but could'nt find a solution yet about the situation mentioned below:

There're 2 infoproviders <b>infocube X</b> and <b>ODS Y</b> we want to report as combined.

Both of them have order number 0DOC_NUM and order item 00RD_ITEM in common.

Cube A keeps order item based key figures: S Keyfigure &

D Keyfigure.

ODS B has detail order item based characteristics Char1 & Char2, which don't exist in cube A.

For example:

<b>Cube A</b>

Order Number___Order Item____S Keyfigure___D Keyfigure

100_______________10____________25___________23______

100_______________20____________45___________40______

100_______________30____________30___________30______

<b>ODS B</b>

Order Number____Order Item_____Char1________Char2

100_______________10____________SSS_________Blue______

100_______________20____________TTT_________Blue______

100_______________30____________SSS_________Black____

We want the query to display the way below:

Order Number_Order Item__Char1___Char2____S KF___D KF

100____________10________SSS____Blue_____25______23

100____________20________TTT____Blue_____45______40

100____________30________SSS____Black____30______30

But when we combine these two in a multiprovider, query result doesn't list the data from ODS.

When I check the multiprovider in LISTSCHEMA transaction, I displays data as we want, as above. But not the query.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rozz,

It is surprize to know that LISTCUBE ( I asmue u mean this one..) and Query differ in out puts..

Hmm.. just try "genarating" the query in RSRT and executing in normal mode.. and if posble in Debugg moce for some clues..

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Yes I meant LISTCUBE. Even I check in RSRT, the characteristic values of ODS seem as #.

I wonder, the scenario I mentioned is the right way to achieve the combined report.<b>Heterogeneous MultiProviders</b> should serve for that kind of reports (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/52/1ddc37a3f57a07e10000009b38f889/content.htm )

So it should be possible to see the ODS characteristic data in the MP report, even these characteristics don't exist in the cube.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rozz,

to my knowledge, it is my understanding as well..

I am leaving for the day.. ofcourse nothing to share at the moment also..

Hope some expert see this..

Just wanted to know "did you use button "generate query in RSRT"?

another last thought is running some RSRV checks on that multicube..

hope u have some solution soon..

regards,

Hari

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rozz,

1. Try putting all the fields of the Multiprovider in the Query , depending on the output , you might see if the joine are performing properly

2. Take the date from the ODS alone and see if the data comes in properly

3. Do the same for the Cube

I am also intrigued why ListCube and Query seem to differ , do you have report relevent setting turned on in the ODS ?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

1. I can't decide about joins in query, since I don't see data from ODS in MP-Query. But they do seem fine in ListCube, combined via order number & order item.

2. Yes, when I query Cube and ODS by individual queries, they work fine.

By the way, now I read a thread and noticed that <b>stock values are handled differently in a Multiprovider</b>. <u>Our Cube is also Stock cube</u>, so we have a <b>Non-Cumulative KF values</b>.

"If a MultiProvider contains at least one basis InfoProvider with non-cumulative key figures, all queries are processed sequentially"

( )

So what does it mean ?

Rozz