cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening/installing SAP NW2004 ABAP.rar file from hard.disc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo friends,

I downloaded the NW2004 ABAP.rar software and saved it on a folder which is on my hard-disc. Since then I have been trying to unzip /open the file to no avail. Could someone please tell me what to do so that I can get the software installed on my Notebook.

Best Regards,

Ara (Germany)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Prince,

Thanks for the tip. I have opened the file but still having installation problems. The GUI could not be installed on Localhost port:21212. Do you have an idea of what to do ?? Trying another port was also impossible.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think your problem may be that you have not installed j2se 1.4.2_08 to your machine. The installation process uses this.

I assume that you have extracted the RAR file to some place on your C:\ drive. I suggest that you put all of the extracted data in a folder directly under C. This will save you in the end. Next you want to start the executable, double click on the sapinst.bat file. Make sure that you are logged in as an adminstrator to the local machine.

Please follow the guide provided by Sugree. It will definitly help you thru it.

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/17/a-visual-installation-guide-on-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Heilman,

Thanks for the tipps, but I am still having problems. Following Files have been directly installed under C:\

- SAPNW2004sSneakPreview1.4.2-11

- sdb

- netbeans_5.0 This was the file from SUN or least what was on my C: drive to see (j2SE 1.4.2 08) as suggested by Sugree

- jsdk1.4.2-11

Then I double click on SAPinst.bat. After a while and Accepting the terms of aggrement etc then comes the message:

could not connect to host localhost on port 21212

Please what am I Still doing wrong ???

Help !!!

Ara

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you install the loopback adapter?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rich,

To be honest, I dont know about this Looback adapter. I am having a little progress on the installation, but still getting an errore message entering and confirmig SAP System Admin. password.

Well, I do not even know if I have entered the right password. I have entered just a password of mine.

Questions:

1. Ist there a specific SAP System Admin. Password ???

2. At step 4 (Accept licence agreement) from Sugree`s Screen-shot, are two buttons ("I disagree" and "I agree") on the right side. I am not having these during the installation. Rather, I have two buttons on the left side of the SAP GUI Screen as follows: "Back" and "Next"

3. could the problem be with the lincense agreements

I am getting fustrated !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not specified System admin Password. Its depends on u that what u entered at the time of installtion, so i think u should entered a common password in all the entire installition setup.

You have to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter which is a virtual lan device, and you have to assign the computer name and a static ip address into windows file c:\windows\system32\driver\ets\hosts.

i mean to ip address is that whatever u assign into loopback adapter u have to enter in the file.

tru this i hope it helps.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will try your suggestion, but first let me just show the error messages. this are the error messages I`m getting:

ERROR 2006-05-19 13:12:02

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (ClusSvc).

ERROR 2006-05-19 13:12:38

MDB-07057 The system is inconsistent. Registry or SAP_DBTech information is available, but software is not complete.

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step CheckExistingServerSoftware with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_ServerSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|CheckExistingServerSoftware was executed with status ERROR .

Question:

- What about the linsence thing ??

- could that also be the problem ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If it a .rar file unzip it using WINRAR. GO to http://www.win-rar.com/ and download winrar software and extract files using this software.

Thanks

Prince