Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is there any troble shooting methods in sap solution manager different from R/3 like su53 and trace and is there any parameters to be considered while creating the service desk roles in sap solution manager...

Thx,

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know the troubleshooting is the same. Solution manager does come with it's own objects and looks a bit like CRM to me. Standard roles are also provided so you can check those form inspiration.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know the troubleshooting is the same. Solution manager does come with it's own objects and looks a bit like CRM to me. Standard roles are also provided so you can check those form inspiration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Troubleshooting methods in Solution manager security is same as R/3. SU53 or ST01 can be used. Please go through the Solution manager security guide for more info on the roles.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on whether you are trouble-shooting the SolMan itself like any other "basis" system => the restraints of Su53 and ST01 will be the same.

Or if you are trouble-shooting the SolMan applications themselves, in which case SU53 and ST01 will be further limited by the component systems you have connected to your SolMan.

There have always been better ways of understanding security than relying on SU53 and ST01 for "trouble-shooting" (implying a production environment...?), and in SolMan it makes your errors scalable to all environments...

If in doubt, stick to the SolMan Security Guide available via the SMP. It will be much better than Su53 in the end...

Cheers,

Julius