cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use AUTO in Mapping name for EDIFACT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a source which will be posting 2 diff kinds of EDIFACT to XI.

I want to use just a single channel where i want to configure my .sda module.

I've seen that we can use 'AUTO' in MappingName parameter, so that the mapping is chosen dynamically.

However,when i tried to do so, i get an error saying that the adapter cannot find the mapping in the classpath.

Can anyone guide me as to how to use the AUTO parameter?

If possible, provide a link for some blog where they are using it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen my blog?

/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/25/seeburger--part-6-150-classify-split-secret

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/Rajesh

I went through your blogs and I was partly successful to get the desired output.

As your blogs say, I got 2 out of the 3 msgs in Sxmb_moni

1-MainDocument ( application/xml )

2-classifierAtt ( application/xml )

However, I was unable to get the actual EDI xml.

Also I don't want to use splitter as in a particular instance , the source will send either Edifact_1 or Edifact_2.

So all i want is the AUTO to work properly and find the mapping corresponding to the input edifact.

please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Reason behing not getting the EDI payload was missing of splitter configuration, you need to configure the splitter as

you need to use AUTO mappingName instead of specific mapping name

once you configure split parameter of bic to true, it will generate an attacments like KEY|MAPPINGNAME|ACCEPTED|MessageNo

then based on this configuration splitter will look for the same key in Seeburger workbench configuration and then generates a XI message (SXMB_MONI entry) ...

If you dont want acknowledgement of EDI and sure about the version of the mapping then you can configure the mappingName

directly instead of AUTO...in BIC paramter

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check my blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417600)ID0409780050DB10890911105452140683End...

which shows configuration of AUTO parameter for the mapping to pick up automatically in BIC module adapter

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. itisha

Could you show the exactly error?.

What parameters do you have in your BIC-Module Key ? Did you put the parameter Split --true