Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone,

I just have a quick question.

I've got a URL navigation link that needs to be sent out to the users. It links to a folder in KM.

The link works, however, the detailed naigation panel stays closed, and when it is manually opened, it is empty.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Rav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravinder,

As per my understanding, you need the detailed navigation to be visible, right?

Please try this and get back to me.

In your par file >> portalapp.xml >> >> <component-profile> section >>> add

<component-profile>
        <property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.iview.IsolationMode" value="URL">
          <property name="personalization" value="NONE-ALL"/>
        </property>
      </component-profile>

Regards,

SK.

<i>PS: Plz consider rewarding points for helpful answers in SDN!</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Thank you for quick reply. I've used the following to produce the URL link, as per help.sap.com

The regular URL for launching the portal is http://portalserver/irj/portal. To implement URL navigation:

1. From the Portal Catalog, select the page as it appears within the roles hierarchy with which you want to launch the portal.

2. From the Quick Info pane below the Portal Catalog, copy the name (PCD URL value) of the page and save it in a text editor, replacing the string PCD: with ROLES://.

3. Open your browser and add the following string to the default portal URL:

?NavigationTarget=<value saved in text editor>

4. Save the new URL, which you can then use to launch your portal.

I'd obviously like this to be as simple as possible, and so reluctant to start playing around with par file.

Cheers

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem has been solved.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravinder,

Can you give some explanations as to how you solved this? Even i seem to be facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

You'll notice a property in the iView settings named 'Quicklink'. Basically enter a value for this property and attatch this to the end of your portal URL as follows:

http://portalserver/irj/portal/Quicklink value

If SSO has been set up to allow direct entry into your portal, the above example can be used to navigate to an iView within your portal. The Detailed navigation etc... should all be present.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

I want to customize the Mast Head by placing the role of the logged in user in a tab in mast head. When i am trying to placing Navigation Tag library in HeaderiView.jsp it is giving errors. Can you please suggest the appropriate way.

Thank you,

Surendra.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

When I invoke a iview using url navigation it always open in the entry tab, even if the iview is assigned to some other role. How to open it under a specific tab?

Thx for your feedback