cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies -> HTTP server port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I recently implemented a series of Proxy interfaces in the client system. Everything goes well, except the one in the client's productive CRM system (in DEV and QA everything was cool). We discovered that in this system, when testing the ABAP HTTP connection we didn't get but a weird blank success message(not the next screen with results), but I and the Basis guy didn't pay much attention to it. Now that the messages are not coming through, we started investigating further.

The thing is that this server is the only one in the landscape who doesn't have an HTTP port(in SMICM). It does have a HTTPS one, but the connection to PI is done through HTTP. Unfortunately, the PI server doesn't have a HTTPS port, only HTTP.

What's not working for me:

a) the usual HTTP connection - no successful test when it's exactly the same as in the other systems.

b) when I go to SPROXY, it's not working. When checking report SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION, calling cl_http_server=>get_extension_info, it received two URLs, both HTTPS. And guess what instruction's next:

DELETE lt_urls WHERE protocol = 'https' OR protocol = 'HTTPS'.

So, my understanding is that we need the HTTP port. Still, how do I convince the Basis people that this is the case? Is there some SAP note/documentation/ something else around this one? Or can there be another solution/ another cause to the problem?

Best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so finally the Basis team did an HTTPS port in PI, of course the certificates weren't valid and stuff, but finally it worked. I don't consider that anyone contributed on the forum to improve my understanding on the topic or to help me solve my problem, so no points awarded.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you could actually make a HTTPS connection from PI to Production Backend server. I beleive in SM59 logon and security tab of the rfc destination, you can provide a HTTPS url to connect to the backend server. For this you might have to install certificated (x.509 usually) in the calling system and establish a trusted relationship between the systems.

But as far as I know if both the servers are with in the same intranet (client network which is not exposed to outside world) HTTP communication is enough unless data encryption is needed.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for the answer, but what good is a connection from PI to BACKEND when I wanted just the opposite? I use outbound proxies and not inbound.

Regards,

George

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your SPROXY show the PI interfaces in the production system? Did you do the test connection in SPROXY? I do not think anything special is needed in your case except for an RFC destination of type H from backend to PI.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ, please read my post again:

a) the usual HTTP connection - not successful test when it's exactly the same as in the other systems.

b) when I go to SPROXY, it's not working ( No data visible)

Regards,

George

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these servers in the same network? Can the back end system ping to PI or viceversa? You might need to talk to your network administrators and ask them for a solution to make that happen and follow the same in RFC destination from backend to PI.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are in the same network and communicating very well on other connections, just not on the HTTP channel.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, either PI system should be opened with an HTTPs port or the server with HTTP..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, my understanding is that we need the HTTP port. Still, how do I convince the Basis people that this is the case? Is there some SAP note/documentation/ something else around this one? Or can there be another solution/ another cause to the problem?

Question still not answered.