Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of BAPI_USER_CREATE or BAPI_USER_CHANGE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We have a rather special setup of structural authorizations in the company that I work for, which requires us to update the structural authorizations after we have updated a user in SU01. These days everything is manual, but we are working towards utilizing IdM to provision the users to the back end systems and therefore we have a requirement to perform the adjustments of the structural authorizations automatically when IdM calls BAPI_USER_CHANGE. In my naiivity I was thinking that it must be possible to enhance or invoke a user exit in BAPI_USER_CHANGE to set off an automated adjustment. Would any of you have tried that?

Best regards,

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as it was mentioned you can create your own BAPI and published it as a web service. Another way is to use enhancement framework. You can use implicit enhancement point "end of BAPI call" to do additional changes. But I don't think that it is a good idea to modify standard BAPI. I would rather go with own BAPI as a wrapper around old BAPI plus additional required modifications.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

WE are not using IDM, however we are provisioning user accounts with infopath/.net based solution with SAP webservices by calling BAPI and customising with our requirements.

We have achieved this in our system, where infopath based form calls webservices in SAP, in SAP this web service has underlying BAPI calling which performs function according to the inputs/ options in the form.

I assume, you can create your own code and call this BAPI to update access.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as it was mentioned you can create your own BAPI and published it as a web service. Another way is to use enhancement framework. You can use implicit enhancement point "end of BAPI call" to do additional changes. But I don't think that it is a good idea to modify standard BAPI. I would rather go with own BAPI as a wrapper around old BAPI plus additional required modifications.

Cheers

0 Kudos

I'm a little new to the enhancement framework. How would I actually create an implicit enhancement point? I would need to enhance the standard BAPI as I am not able to make IdM call any other BAPI.

Best regards,

Anders

0 Kudos

Hi,

there are plenty of articles about enhancement framework here on SDN (e.g. this [presentation|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/9cd334f3-0a01-0010-d884-f56120039915&overridelayout=true] check slides 15 to 19). Just use search.

Cheers