Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection to a system in another network?

former_member537489
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I need to transfer some data to another system outside my network. I am trying to do that with ALE, but it is not possible to create an RFC connection to the other system. From sm59 I create the new connection but when testing it I get a connection error : Partner not reached. I suspect it has to do with the fact that i use sap router string to connect from my system to the other.

Please help.

Thank you in advance,

Roxani

8 REPLIES 8

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partner not reached looks like a ICMP error.

Can you make a ping from your SAP server to the outside IP ?

Rgd

Fred

0 Kudos

Yes I can and I get a reply.

From my Gui it works fine as I have stated the sap router string, but I cannot get it to work from sm59...

Please help.

Thanks

Roxani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Roxani

Sending system side(SEND--800)

-

Create function module by using Tcode SE37 or SE80

goto attributes select remote function

activate

Receiving system side(RECE--000)

-

goto Tcode SM59

here select the R/3 Connections-->click on Create Button

give RFC Desstination : TESTRFC

Connection Type : 3 for Connecting two systems

Description : Some meaningful Description

Press enter

give Target system Name : SEND

Language : EN

Client : 800

user Name : sapuser

Password : xxxxxx

save this connections & click on test connections(f8)

& Remote logon(f7)---> it will open a session

with client 800 that is your sending system

then only your RFC is correct

create a report in SE38 Tcode

data : c1 type i.

data : itab like mara occurs 0 with header line.

call function 'ZRFCFM' destination 'TESTRFC' --->Function Module 'ZRFCFM' your just create at Sending system

exporting

importing

exceptions.

Thanks & regards

Sreenivasulu P

0 Kudos

That is exactly my problem...

In testing the conection, it fails, which means that it cannot establish a connection.

What am I doing wrong?

Roxani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the ip address / host name you have given may be wrong. and one more area will be the user name and the password you give. if the user doesn't exist then it can't make connection too. it will be better if you check with the basis people.

0 Kudos

Hi ravikumar ,

I am positive I have the correct login name and password because I use those to enter the other system with Gui.

I guess there must be a place that should hold the saprouter string but where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roxani i have some problem, do you know solution this problem? I have SAP/R3 rel 4.6B kernel 4.6D on Windows server 2003. And this problem is in TC SM59 internall connection.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chk this

step1. Goto SM59 to creat a RFC destination select the type of connection R/3 & creat . and fill the details of the receving sys also.[note the name given for destination]

step2.goto WE21 for defining ports.select Transactional RFC type & creat.give the values & remember the port name.give the RFC destination name.

step3.goto BD54 for creating the logical systems.specify the sending systems & reciving systemnames.

step4.goto SCC4 for assigning the logical systems .goto for 800 &configure the LS as our working system.

step5.goto WE20 for cerating the partner profile.select the LS & creat.give the partner name , type & user.(partner name is the reciving system name (when creating the LS)) & save then.Assign a Massage type to the outbound parameter in the same transaction for that partner.

step6.goto BD64,Distribution model.creat a new model & name it and save it then assign a message type to it & then save and goto Environment and Generate partner profile see that everything is fine .

step7.goto clint 810.goto WE20 for creating a partner profile.give the name of the sending system &save.Define the Inbound parameter massage type there and save .

step8.come back to clint 800.goto BD10 for Matmas..give the material name &say execute.

step9.to confirm whether Idoc has been sent or not , goto WE02.click on appropriate massege type and select the status button.the status should be 12,if it has been sent .

step10.goto SE38,RBDMOIND & execute .sothat the Idoc from the port passes to the Receving system.now goto WE02, see the status ,it is 12.step11.goto 810 client,& WE02 check the status it should be 53.

Reward Points if useful