cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Client want to set up Proxy connection between Bank system and Client system.

they are not talking about ABAP proxy or Java Proxy...... But they told about Proxy connection and they want to use PI to send and receive data using PI.

If any one done this requirement before please put your points on this connection type.

Thanks,

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

In most of the cases,Banks use some form of data/message level security.

First of all you need to confirm that and as per that configure the adapter you will use (not all adapters support security settings).

Once you have decided on adapter for banks,you need to see how you want to post data to ECC,there are several options like IDOC,RFC,Proxy and each server different purpose and can be used to integrate ECC system.

But before you begin on development,please try to get more information from them, right now the requirement looks a bit hazy

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I had call today , in the call they mentioned that they want to establish the proxy connection between the bank and client and PI need to monitor.

I got only this information.......... so through to check in forum any one have done this type requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I have done several integrations of Banks with clients but the requirement is different everywhere

Proxy is a very broad term,you need to find out more information before you proceed.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I had call today , in the call they mentioned that they want to establish the proxy connection between the bank and client 
and PI need to monitor.

So does it mean that both sender and receiver will be a Proxy (i.e. SAP systems)

PI need to monitor means that they need to ensure data is received from the source proxy and delivered to the target proxy...you actually need to track the message flow.

Normally bank interfaces include some level of message security....not sure if the same can be implemented in a proxy communication.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thsi type of connectivity we have done before.. It included a PI system in Client landscape and one PI server with the BANK. The client PI will send data to Bank PI using SECURED SOAP connections.

Once it reaches Bank PI server it will be pushed into ECC using IDocs. Depending on the back end system of client we went for file/jdbc/IDOC adapters

so a basic scenriao will be like

IDOC>Client PIInternetBank PI>IDOC

Regards

Suraj