cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to JDBC Scenario ( Error in Date Transformation ) Urgent!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying a RFC to JDBC scenario where I am taking date from SAP in SAP Format i.e. 'yyyyMMdd' & sending this to oracle DB Where the format is 'MM/dd/yyyy'.

In Runtime Workbench I am getting Following error: 'java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01843: not a valid month'.

Also when I am testing that source message in message mapping source date is converting to some other date at receiver side.

Can anybody help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these:

1)Use Datetrans function of graphical mapping for doing the transformation.

2) in yyyyMMdd are you specifying correct values for MM dd and yyyy.

3) Check the input and output XML structure in MONI.

4) What is the value for the date which you are passing and what is the output value that you are getting?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I am using the datetrans function of graphical mapping for doing the transformation. I have specified the source format as 'yyyyMMdd' & the target format as 'MM/dd/yyyy'.

I have checked the input & output XML structure, but still i am getting the same error of Not a valid Month.

Value of date I am passing is '2006-05-17' & the output I get is '05/12/2005' in Message mapping test using the XML which we are getting from SAP in MONI.

Regards,

Ankur

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change format in Datetrans as yyyy-MM-dd

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this format in Date trans. It is Now showing the in right format into Message mapping when I am testing it. But still I am getting the same error in

Runtime workbench "Not a Valid Month".

Regards,

Ankur

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also save and activate you mapping and Check the output structure which you are getting in the MONI.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are not getting any output structure in MONI , probably beacuse of this Error in Runtime Workbench.

Regards,

Ankur