cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMMS: Using wrong IP address

Former Member
0 Kudos

somehow it´s not possible to post code here, even with using code- or quote-brackets... I cannot post my problem...

Edited by: JPSelter on Sep 24, 2009 2:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What error you're getting at application level? or just you saw the wrong IP address in SMMS?

Have you checked at OS level if the IP is correctly assigned to your hostname? did you do any changes recently in /etc/host?

Try resetting the hostname buffer. from SM51 Goto -> Host name buffer -> Reset

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I will explain it without the SMMS-log. In SMMS I see our two cluster server sapnode1 and sapnode2. The first has the correct IP address, but the sesond somehow has taken the IP address of its heartbeat network-interface. The log says correctly "hostadr 10.2.10.30" but in the next line it says "hostadr (IPv4) 192.168.1.2". Strange is that the sapnode1-log doesn´t have this "hostadr (IPv4)" entry, just the correct "hostadr". Where comes the difference?

Does the hostbuffer-reset do anything to the server in terms of connection reset? I don´t want to disconnect our employees

Edited by: JPSelter on Sep 25, 2009 7:35 AM

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure, why the entry hostadr IPv4 is showing.

Does the hostbuffer-reset do anything to the server in terms of connection reset? I don´t want to disconnect our employees 😉

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24e034ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

SAP Note 25917

The change in host file takes effect in SAP after a restart. however, by reseting the buffer you can make the existing host file take effect. this functionality doesn't do any change in os level host file.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Varify network settings using niping by giving following command.

niping -H <hostname> -v

Output should show public IP for both nodes

niping -l (selftest)

Ouput will show you all IP address with its sequence first must be your public IP address if not

Change preferred IP of your network or swap network settings of your public and private network interface.

Cheers,

Rajeev Goel