Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Web Service Model - Context invalidate() issue

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know, here are are lot of articles and posts adressing this subject and I have read a lot. But still there is one point confusing me. So I hope anybody here could help me and explain it to me.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

In the controller context there are two different types of nodes: model nodes and value nodes.

When I invalidate a value node, it will be emtpy. When I invalidate a model node (regarding an adaptive web service model using CE 7.11 EHP1), the reference of the model node (response) to the model object (response) will be created or updated, but the node or the object is not cleared.

So when I execute a model object of the web service model instance, the web service creates the corresponding response objects. After that I have to create the reference from the response node to the response object using the invalidate method to see the response (e.g. the result of a calculation) in the response node and therefore in an textfield, which is bound to the response.

Now I have implemented a webdynpro app in which I am calling a webservice and executing a method with execute(). Because of my description above I should only get or see the result after calling the invalidate() method. But I get the response without calling it as well.

Why?

Thanks ahead,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Please check this article for ur query.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/900bbf94-a7a8-2910-e298-a651b4706c1e&overridelayout=true]

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Fazal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matteo_fusi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

note that the invalidate method clear the node

and the supply function of the node will be called.

Matteo

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. I already read the document.

In my case there is no supply-function and the invalidate method did not clear (emtpy) the node. Nothing happens. There is only the Supplying Relation Role. And as I wrote above, I think it depends on if it is a value node or a model node.

Regards,

Bernd