cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

1. Do you need to implement SNP and/or PPDS with GATP?

2. If not, how will GATP work?

3. Question is, Can we run MRP in ECC and use GATP in APO for certain products?

Pl. let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

1. Do you need to implement SNP and/or PPDS with GATP?

It depends which method you are going to use in GATP fot ATP check. If you are using direct procution then it is req.

2. If not, how will GATP work?

Gatp wil basically tell you if you will be able to meet all SO quantity

3. Question is, Can we run MRP in ECC and use GATP in APO for certain products?

Yes, of course.

Thanks,

Denish

Kindly award ratings if you got satisfactory answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your super quick response. I think I was not clear with my questions.

1. What will be the limitation on GATP if we do not implement PPDS and/or SNP too?

2. If we have MRP in ECC (if we do not implement PPDS), what are the transaction data that will be cifed to APO?

Pl. let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ryan,

sorry for the delayed response....

here we go ....

1. What will be the limitation on GATP if we do not implement PPDS and/or SNP too?

See... SNP/PPDS are basically used for Planning while GATP is used for availabality check. If that materail for which u r doing GATP is palnned in APO thenit wil take results from APO other wise from ERP.

If I have to say limitions... then 1 i can see is that... u can use direct production and CTP methods in Gatp...

@ APO Gurus: correct me if I amwrong..

Thanks

Denish

Edited by: Denish Velachhawala on Sep 25, 2009 8:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

As outlined by Denesh, If you decline to implement SNP or PP/DS, then any GATP solution that includes Direct production (such as CTP or ML ATP) is excluded. You are then basically left with Product check, Rules based ATP, and Allocation.

Product check is very similar to the R/3 ATP. The data that must be CIF'd across from R/3 would be supply elements (eg, planned/production orders, PurRqs/Purchords, stock, etc) and all demand elements (sales docs, deliveries, sales scheduling agreements, dependent requirements, etc) that you need to perform your product check.

Allocation works similarly to R/3 allocation. The system limits the amounts of product that can be confirmed based on rules that you establish (eg, cust A can get no more that 100 widgets per month, cust b can get no more than 200 widgets per month, and the rest of the world can only get 50 widgets). Transactional data that is Cifd across would be the information required to keep track of the consumption of the allocation (perhaps bookings and shipments)

Normal ATP (product check) is based on availability in a single plant, for a single material. Rules based ATP allows you to set up rules that make the system check for several alternatives (substitute plants, subsitute materials, substute production version, etc) before rendering the final confirmation, in your case, using a Product check without Direct producton. Transactional data that is Cifd across would be the same as for product check.

All the ATP checks above are done in real time, using memory based storage called 'LiveCache'. All transactional data is also usually Cifd across in real time, and the relevant data is also stored in LiveCache.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh and DB49 for your help.

I have read DB49's replies to others' questions. It has been great!

Thanks again.

Ryan

Answers (0)