cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

1) I have to map a scenario where I have to add a BOM in other BOM.

Can we add a BOM in a Existing BOM ?

example - Annual Clothes Kit (header BOM) and in this kit with other single items we have other kit like Winter clothes Kit(this winter clothes kit has its own items). So i would like to get determined the pricing of winter kit in addition to the Annual clothes kit.

2) with the similar scenario I have to skip the pricing of second kit.

example - Annual Clothes Kit (header BOM) and in this kit with other single items we have other kit like 'SUMMER clothes Kit'(this SUMMER clothes kit has its own items). Here we are sending this SUMMER Clothes Kit as a sample with Annual Clothes Kit. Therefore we want to skip the pricing of SUMMER Clothes Kit. But the determination of the Summer kit should happen automatically with Annual Kit.

Gurus can we configure bith the cases successfully ? Also tell me how can we configure it.

Guide me on BOM and their pricing configuration.

I am waiting curiously for your reply.

Suggestions will also be rewarded.

regards,

Vojas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vojas

For your requirement you need to go with Multilevel BOM . So make sure that you are maintaining the record in CS01. for the subitems

In CS01 for Annual Clothes Kit (header BOM) maintain subitems and for SUMMER Clothes Kit maintain its subitems.If the determination of the Summer kit should happen automatically with Annual Kit. then maintain CS01 for summer clothes kit and its subitem is Annual Clothes Kit

Secondly , as far as it is related to pricing , make sure that the

Pricing at Header Level then the Sub Item Pricing will not happen. The Item Category group in MMR is ERLA & the item Category of the main Item will be TAQ & for the Sub Item the Item Category will be TAP

If you want to do the Pricing for Sub Item Then the Item Category Group of Main Item will LUMF followed by the Item Category TAE & TAN for the Sub item.In LUMF case system will not do the Pricng at Header level it will do at Item level..

In the same way if as you have to go with Multilevel BOM then make sure that you have to do the item category determination for multilevel BOM

Regards

Srinath