cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Validity Period in Transportation lane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to discontinue a material from transportation lane from 30.10.2009.So we set the End date as 31.10.2009.But when I tried to create a PR by SNP Heuristics on 28.10.2009.It is not allowing.My question is that,validity period in transportation lane will consider ETA-Expected time of Arrival or ETD-Expected time of departure.Which is correct? and Why?.

Thanks&Regards

Venkadesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkadesh,

As far as I know your need to ensure that both ETD and ATA are included in the horizon ; but I can't find notes or documents to validate it...

It make sens to ensure the lane is available throughout the "order life"

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any help?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkadesh

i ll try to find if i get a written material on it. What i told you is from my personal exp in APO.

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkadesh.

As I understand, both Virender's and my comments lead to the same direction: you need to have the lane valide for both ETD and ETA.

What are your test showing? If you can see the same behavior during your test, then that is the system behavior; which seems perfectly correct to me from a logical point of view.

If your test show another behavior, please explain what you can see.

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkadesh

i think the system should definitely propose a PR on 28th if the validit end is by 31st. The only thinng i ll suggest you to check is that is the transit time maintained in the T-lane is such that it is not able to get it before 31st i.e validity end of the T lane from the source of supply. If that is the case the system will not be able to propose a PR since the validit of T-Lane is not there.

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendar,

Thanks for your reply.Yes,My transit time is after 31.10.2009.(i.e 30days).But according to me system should create a PR till end of the validity period i.e 31.10.2009 irrespective of transit time.If you can provide any link such SAP help document or anyother document.I checked,but I could not find one in detail.

Thanks&Regards

Venkadesh