cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem with access to MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I'm having big trouble with accessing my SAP MII System.

I ordered access to a testsystem. I described to the SAP associate that I need access to a SAP MII System.

He arranged acces to a SAP R/3 4.6C and to a SAP 6.0 System providing me with the necessary credentials.

He also sent me a router software (SAPRouter) to connect to SAP through the SAP RAC System.

I followed the instructions, installed the frontend that gave me access to SAP.

But when I tried to connect to MII it didn't work.

Today, I talked to the SAP associate and he just said me that I don't have access to SAP MII because they don't have SAP MII in their portfolio. Boom!

What can I do now? I am very desperate and can't continue my work.

regards,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I am not sure I understand your big problem. MII is not a functional module inside either 4.6C or ECC 6.0. Having access to either or both of those has no bearing at all with using MII. MII sits upon its own NW base on a separate server. It is delivered as a standalone application. I do not believe that SAP provides access to its internal MII systems except in the case of partners who are jointly working on application development. I could be wrong, but your SAP account executive may be able to clarify that.

Could you be more specific about your situation? Are you a consultant, an SAP employee, or an employee at a company who has SAP installed?

It requires funding, but the simplest solution may to buy a licensed copy of MII.

Regards,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the most logical path forward would be to coordinate with your SAP Associate and clear up the confusion. If you put in an order for access to MII (not exactly sure what that means in your particular case) and all they did was give you R/3 access, then it's quite possible that they have no idea about MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeremy,

I had the same thought as you. I described my concern to him in an email:

"In my project I want to implement an application which uses SAP MII (Manufacturing Integration and Information).

For this I will also need the data of released ProductionOrders.

Is it sufficient to have access to only the SAP R/3 4.6C System?"

His Answer was:

"I think you require also ERP 6.0 system. I will arrange access for SAP R/3 4.6C and ERP 6.0 system."

So I thoght that SAP MII would be available. Can I contact someone else from the RAC Service Support (or someone that is familiar with the SAP RAC Service)?

@Michael: I'm a Developer in a company that has acces to a SAP R/3 4.6C and ERP 6.0 system through SAP RAC Service.

I know that MII sits on/within NW that's why I asked this guy if it will be sufficient to have access to R/3 to have also access to MII.

regards,

Pete

Edited by: Lunatikk on Sep 24, 2009 2:01 PM

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pete,

For the benefit of other forum visitors, the SAP Remote Access and Connectivity (SAP RAC) Service does not specifically list MII as part of the available systems: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/saprac?language=en#section8

It does however mention the Discovery System (premium RAC only), of which MII is a part of. Depending upon which release of the DS it includes, you may find MII 12.0 or if an older system only 11.5.

I would continue to pursue this topic with your RAC contact person or account representative and feel free to pass them my name for any internal discussions / knowledge transfer they may need as it relates to MII.

Regards,

Jeremy Good