cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application integrator and LOGONTICKETS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I the blogs, forum postings and the application integrator guide, I have seen many practical examples using the app integrator to do SSO using user mapping. I have also managed to integrate several systems using user mapping.

However, I have not seen a practical example of how to use SAP logon tickets. I am not able to completly understood how it is used from the howto guide.

I understand the system part of the guide, that the User Management has to be set to SAPLOGONTICKETS.

In the iview, I have the following properties that need to be set URL Template and the URL Template fraction for Single Sign On (SSO2).

Can someone give me a practical example on how they have set these parameters, and give any tips on how to use app integrator using SAP logon tickets.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

Check this link

https://media.sdn.sap.com/SDNTV/main.asp?mediaId=120

Bye

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for valuable help. I was however hoping that someone could give a bit more practical example on app integrator and logon tickets.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The main purpose is to integrate other SAP systems.

You will have to assign a "lead" system into personalization, where the mapping is done. When the user logs on to the portal, the SAPSS02 Ticket is set to the user id in the default system.

The ticket stays in the system for the remainder of the session. Whenever you jump into any SAP system within the Portal Realm, the target SAP system looks for the SAPSS02 certificate as part of their logon stack. If it exists, it deciphers the encrypted user from the ticket, assigns roles etc and let the user into the system.

Use: In the EP, for example, there is one HR system (ESS), a BW system and a SRM system. As long as all systems can be accessed by the same username (SAP prerequsite) the user will be able to switch between the systems without beeing asked for signon.

Setup:

Define System & Alias

Set one system as default

Set iview to "ticket"

Set every target system to "Accept SSO tickets"

(See specific system instruction, i.e. R/3 , SRM, ITS, etc), some of them need detailed BC-authorizations

have the user/admin doing the user mapping in "Personalization"

HTH -hs