cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Adobe to Mime Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am experiencing this strange issue while trying to uplaod an Adobe file content to the mime repository :

My Code:

*mime_repository = cl_mime_repository_api=>get_api( ).

call method mime_repository->put( exporting i_url = 'SAP/Chaitanya/' i_content = l_v_content ).*

When i use the above code where the folder "Chaitanya" doesnt exist the system dumps by throwing a "Screen Output Without Connection To User" error.

and when i modify the code and give an existing folder path i.e :'SAP/BC/WebDynpro/GLB/RGTPTC_AUDIT_COCKPIT' the method

if_mr_api~get_io_for_url throws the parameter l_is_folder as 'X' which makes it exit the method without uploading the adobe.

When finally i tried to give an existing folder path and the file name in it i.e

'SAP/BC/WebDynpro/GLB/RGTPTC_AUDIT_COCKPIT/test adobe.pdf' where "test adobe.pdf" is the name of the adobe to be uploaded i again got the "Screen Output Without Connection To User" error.

Could some one please tell me where i am going wrong and the correct method call to upload adobe file content into mime.

Thanks In Advance,

Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

MIME objects are considered development objects. Therefore I would imagine that the screen output error is related to the Classic Dynpro Dialog that popups up asking for the transport number.

Perhaps the MIME repository is not the correct location to store your content if it is not a development object. Binary content like PDFs can be stored into any database type with a column of type RAWSTRING. If this content is tied to your application data, perhaps it should be stored as such.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You were right it was the popup that caused the component to dump , passing 'X' to the same method parameter i_suppress_package_dialog solved the problem.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

I am having the same issue , even though i am passing the mention parameter (i_suppress_package_dialog = 'X'

) to the method. Please let me know, what is missing here.

CALL METHOD mime_repository->put(

exporting

i_url = url_new

i_content = content

i_check_authority = ' '

i_language = sy-langu

i_suppress_package_dialog = 'X'

EXCEPTIONS

parameter_missing = 1

error_occured = 2

cancelled = 3

permission_failure = 4

data_inconsistency = 5

new_loio_already_exists = 6

is_folder = 7

OTHERS = 8 ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRY WITH THIS CODE

DATA: lr_mime_repository type ref to if_mr_api.

lr_mime_repository = cl_mime_repository_api=>if_mr_api~get_api( ).

lr_mime_repository->put( exporting i_url = '/SAP/BC/WebDynpro/SAP/PUblic/BC/ssr/uuielibs/office_integration' & '/exportwhir.xml' i_content = l_xml ).

THANKS.

RAMA