Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no mail in in Alert Inbox

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Folks

I have configured BPM in such a way that it should raise an alert if all the files are not picked up in 1 min of time

I have added the appropriate control step in BPM but i still not getting any mail into my alert Inbox if i donot send my files in 1 min but my configuration is succesful ,no error in BPM . It gets terminated if files are not picked up in 1 min

Please tell where am I lacking

Thnx

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added the appropriate control step in BPM but i still not getting any mail into my alert Inbox if i donot send my files in 1 min but my configuration is succesful ,no error in BPM . It gets terminated if files are not picked up in 1 min

Hope you have selected the Action Type As " Throw Alert" and specify the respective Alert category to it, You are not getting

any messages to inbox, because container varaibles doesn't work in Integration Process and you have to go for Dynamic Text

(You have the check box option in Alert category) and also when you select control step in IP design you will see the Alert

Message column , you can specify the message in that column and you can make it dynamic at runtime by using Container Elements in IP.

Hope you have gone through this blog

[Dynamic Alert Configuration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414900)ID1061423250DB11708387997895316762End?blog=/pub/wlg/4714]

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have added the appropriate control step in BPM but i still not getting any mail into my alert Inbox if i donot send my files in 1 
min but my configuration is succesful ,no error in BPM . It gets terminated if files are not picked up in 1 min

My understanding of the problem:

BPM is designed to handle the Deadline and throw Alert if 1 min duration is exceeded.....The graphic workflow shows that Control Step (thrwo alert) is called.....The BPM stops after that.....you however do not receive the alert in RWB --> Alert Inbox.

Make sure that you have created Alert rule in Alert Configuration and the rule is Active

No Condition is imposed on where the alert to be raised from (IE/ AE) in the alert rule.

Suppress Multiple Alerts checkbox is unchecked.

There is a good blog by Michal on how to troubleshoot alert.....make a read of it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz go through the below thread that is similar to ur querry

also make sure that u r using Dynamic Alerts in BPM.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

@ rahul :

Can you please elaborate on dynamic alerts ? I m using Pi 7.1

and in MONI i can see 2 files and the BPm waits till it gets the third file and if it doesnt come in 1 min the BPM becomes successful and terminates .. here I m referring to the PE flag

Please let me know in case of anything is required

thnx

Ninad

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog on Dynamic Alerts: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Please note that even alert for whomm Dynamic Text Checkbox is not selected can be raised from a BPM

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check the graphical display of your BPM runtime and check the alerts are triggered.

2. Check your Alert category is getting alert in the Alert inbox using the Test Alert service.

Regards,

Sunil.