Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to use as ais replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used to work some time ago a lot with Audit Information system. I now read the message that it is depreciated and they reference to transaction pfcg (Rolle administration).

however I do not find a full replacement of the functionality. E.g. if I want to check passwords of special users where I can go to? (I used to go in AIS to SystemAudit u2192 UserAdministration u2192 Authentication u2192 SpecialUser u2192 CheckPasswordsofSpecialUsers)?

Thanks for your help

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

You can run report RSUSR003

You may even be able to run it as a transaction (you can with some of the RSUSR reports).

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

You can run report RSUSR003

You may even be able to run it as a transaction (you can with some of the RSUSR reports).

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I used to work some time ago a lot with Audit Information system. I now read the message that it is depreciated and they reference to transaction pfcg (Rolle administration).

Where ever it was you read that, you should not take the content too seriously. Probably it is some internet website.

The AIS still exists, and is even taught as part of the ADM950 security course.

Transaction SECR was replaced some time ago by the role based menus. Perhaps you are refering to that?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. Yes I read that it is replaced but I did not understand how the role based menus could substitute the AIS. I mean I'm looking for a place to run an audit und to gather different information about critical spots in the system, which originate from poor authorization management.

Is there a place where I could get these kind of info?

Thanks Torsten

0 Kudos

> Is there a place where I could get these kind of info?

Yep, in google.

Try to use the links to help.sap.com. It points to the AIS guide in the service.sap.com and the 2 OSS notes with FAQ explanations you may need as well.

Cheers,

Julius