0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Remote systems:

System A, System B and MDM

Data:

Remote system Remote ID MDMID

System A A11 901

System B B22 902

Now when these records are merged we need to have the remote keys(A11,B22) of the records, plus the MDM ID 901 and 902 also part of remote key values associated with new MDMID created say 1001.

Kindly let me know if this is possible. I tried this in MDM 7.1 repository and i am getting only the remote keys A11 and B22. The MDMID are not visible, i have configures MDM as a remote system and also it is both inbound/outbound.

Regards,

Arul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arul,

Am really not sure about creating remote key entries using 'MDM' as remote system. clarify me on this.

if yes : in the syndicator--> Map properties -> Remote key override --> Choose all the required remote system values.

thanks

Alexander

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

this is possible if you add MDM as a specific remote system in MDM Console. The default "MDM" remote system that is always delivered won't help much. Additionally you have to maintain the MDM keys in the "Edit Keymapping" section of Data Manager, of course. If your MDMID is a field of the main table (e.g. an Auto ID field), it is not treated as a remote key.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the clarification. I also had the same in mind just want to confirm.

If we create a totally a fresh custom repository and we created MDM as remore system, Is there any way the AutoID of main table will go as remote key when records are merged.

Regards,

Arul

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul

> If we create a totally a fresh custom repository and we created MDM as remore system, Is there any way the AutoID of main table will go as remote key when records are merged.

No, unfortunately not. The Auto ID of the main table is always a field that is fully independent from the remote keys. You can either maintain the same value manually as remote key, or think about a workarround using MDSS and MDIS: maybe it's an option to create a very simple syndication map that syndicates the main table auto id field only and you directly re-import the file as remote key update.

Best regards

Michael