cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database size in oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want to know our datasize volume and growth on day to day basis. we have oracle 10g and sap is ecc5.0.

thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

use transaction DB02 or DB02n for that.

Documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c4/3a7160505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked my database size. but i am little bit confuse for dabase growth. i am not anable to calculate my daily/weekly/ month growth . there are showing table, which is right for calculate PSAPOP/PSAPUNDO/SYSAUX

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> there are showing table, which is right for calculate PSAPOP/PSAPUNDO/SYSAUX

Those are the tablespaces, not the tables. The database are all tablespaces together.

If you have no clue about Oracle and the database concepts I highly suggest attending a class (no offense).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus

I have no clue about oracle thats why i send the mail in sdn.sap. to make my concept clear ...nd strong, and well i wlll take class bt i thought u ppl wll help me ..and question is nt for u personelly its a global 1 nd anyone can reply ....for this

Anywayz.... thnx for ur suggestion

thnx for ur hlp....

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I'm happy to help - that is not the point.

It's more like trying to drive a car when you don't know the different colors of a traffic light and what they mean.

You may try, as a good start, the "2 day DBA" course freely available at

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage?remark=tahiti

especially section "6 Managing Database Storage Structures".

This will give you a rough overview on how Oracle is organized and which fields mean what in DB02.

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, but is your keyboard OK?

It seems that you began to lose the vowels in the middle of your paragraph.

Remember, This is a Forum, where

1) people volunteer to help

2) there is no restriction in the number of characters you can write

3) it is supposed to be in English

4) There are NOT native English speakers that WILL have problems to BAD written english

5) you are suppose to have read the [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement]

All those things will make the experience better for ALL (including you)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

We can estimate the size daily ocupied, just see how much perccentage of SYSTEM tablespace is

used daily,.After all we get idea only by the usage and percentage of space daily consumed daily.Also

check for temp tablespace.We can have one or more temporary and undo tablespaces.

So If you could take seniors help then try to take backup of SYSTEM tablespace by making it offline

if full .,till then you make available TEMP tablespace for storage of data.Also check for the undo segments

is it full . If yes try to clear the undo data.Just check the above -- It may help you.

regards,

Manjula.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And we want you to check the documentation before posting standard how-to questions.