Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Tax Base Amount 1099

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue regarding fixing a report that are tracking 1099 Vendors and their Child Vendors. I have to collect the Withholding Tax Base Amount specific for 1099. Is the field BSEG-QSSHB the right field to take it from? Is there any possibilities this field could be empty? Presently I am getting the amount from BSEG-WRBTR which seems to pick every debit amount.

I also have another related issue. This program is presently checking for a fiscal year user selection which are matched to the field BSEG-GJAHR. Now I am supposed to get the items from BSEG according to calendar year. Is there any way to do it?

Please reply. This is quite urgent.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_carvalho
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

About the BSEG-QSSHB field, I believe this is a correct field. And I believe also that this field could be empty if there is no withholding tax in the line item of the FI Document.

About the issue to get the items from BSEG according to calendar year, I am supposing you are talking to get the documents related to the year in SY-DATUM system workarea, right? If so, please take a look at the FTI_FISCAL_YEAR_MONTH_GET function module. Example is described below:

TYPE-POOLS: FTIS.

DATA: wl_dbudat TYPE vtvdeta_tr-dbudat,

wl_company_code TYPE bkpf-bukrs.

• Please fill in the wl_company_code workarea with the

• Company Codes you need the correct fiscal year.

wl_dbudat = sy-datum.

CALL FUNCTION 'FTI_FISCAL_YEAR_MONTH_GET'

EXPORTING

i_bukrs = wl_company_code

i_budat = wl_dbudat

IMPORTING

e_gjahr = wl_gjahr.

Regards,

Daniel Carvalho

2 REPLIES 2

daniel_carvalho
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

About the BSEG-QSSHB field, I believe this is a correct field. And I believe also that this field could be empty if there is no withholding tax in the line item of the FI Document.

About the issue to get the items from BSEG according to calendar year, I am supposing you are talking to get the documents related to the year in SY-DATUM system workarea, right? If so, please take a look at the FTI_FISCAL_YEAR_MONTH_GET function module. Example is described below:

TYPE-POOLS: FTIS.

DATA: wl_dbudat TYPE vtvdeta_tr-dbudat,

wl_company_code TYPE bkpf-bukrs.

• Please fill in the wl_company_code workarea with the

• Company Codes you need the correct fiscal year.

wl_dbudat = sy-datum.

CALL FUNCTION 'FTI_FISCAL_YEAR_MONTH_GET'

EXPORTING

i_bukrs = wl_company_code

i_budat = wl_dbudat

IMPORTING

e_gjahr = wl_gjahr.

Regards,

Daniel Carvalho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would appreicate if anyone can help me to get a sap solutions when the withholding tax in deducted at the time of payment but it was wrongly deducted. So how to reverse this tax amount if the cheque has already been issued and cashed by vendor.

Scenario

Invoice of $10000 booked on Vendor. u2013 No withholding tax .

Entry will be

Dr- Expenses

Cr u2013Vendor

Tax with withheld at the time of payments

So the entry at the time of payment will be

Cr u2013 Withholding tax account u2013 $2800

Cr u2013 Bank u2013 $7200

Dr - Vendor -$10000

If the Vendor is Not applicable for Withholding tax then we have to pay him back.

Options 1

Reverse the payment document and recreate a document without withholding tax information.- This is not feasable as check has been cashed by vendor

Option 2

Pass a JV

Dr u2013 Withholding tax account - $2800

Cr u2013 Vendor $ 2800

When we use option 2 then the information on 1099 report will show that we have withheld $2800 for the vendor. This is not correct.

Would appreciate if someone can help me to find a way where I can just reverse the Tax entry and report 1099 showing the correct figures.

Thanks

Amit