cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conencting to BI System

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friends,

I`m working in webdynpro java. Actually my tasks is to diplay a barchart in webdynpro application. The data for the chart is to get from the BI system using query.

So i want to know how to connect the BI system with webdynpro.Plz help me out.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not use Visual Composer?

Connectiong to BI systems is done in the same manner as to ECC systems - through JCOs and RFCs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

I have the same issue. I have to populate a table in webdynpro from BI query. How did you solve the problem? Is it possible or should I ask to create BAPIs at the backend?

Thanks and Regards,

Pankaj

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run the QUERY_VIEW_DATA (RFC/Web Service) from Web Dynpro.

You will get the data in a "flat" way and then you can use BusinessGraphics (igs) to display any chart you want.

Regards,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Levy,

My client need this thing in webdynpro java only.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Would you plz provide any document or reference material for what u said.It migth be helpful for me.

Regards,

Arun

Edited by: vgarun on Sep 24, 2009 10:41 AM

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For running a query you need to run RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA RFC on the BW system.

Input parameters are:

info provider, query, view_id and query parameters (ask your BW personnel for exact values).

The output you need will be in the following two output tables: E_CELL_DATA & E_AXIS_DATA (you'll need to combine the data from those two tables)

For Business Graphics in WDJ:

/docs/DOC-8061#60 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Omri