cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Configuration Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am in the process of configuring Solution Manager Diag on my Solman EHP 1 on AIX.

Wily Introscope manager, agents, SMD agents have been installed and configured as per the standard guide. ISAgent has been deployed and all other activities have been done as per solman_setup.

Now i am facing four problems.

1. I am able to complete the setup wizard for ABAP stacks in managed systems. But i am unable to configure the same for Java stacks, get the error

No Hosts found!
	The Technical System is not well defined!

These systems have been defined in SMSY as per document.

2. The SMD agent on solution manager does not set appear during setup wizard under managed system. Get the following message

The SMD Agent 'xxxxxx' hasn't been found!

But i am able to view this agent in Agent administration and webview.

3. Under Managed systems Introscope Agent. I am unable to view any of the wily agents.

4. When i run diagnostic Self check on Solman and managed system i get the following errors.

Software with prerequisite are incorrect : The component SOLMANDIAG could not be found, please install this component
Software with prerequisite are incorrect : The component SAP J2EE ENGINE CORE could not be found, please install this component

But under SDM I am able to see these components installed.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these issues.

Regards

Anil Verma B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anil,

1) No hosts found, please check the entries under SMSY ->server and confirm.

2) No SMD agent- Check for the connectivity of SMD agent in Agent Administration tab.

3) no wily agent entry- you will find an entry only after completing the managed system setup wizard- for JAVA.

4) On Solmandiag this seems to be a known issue-(which version of Solman you are in now?) , not sure about j2ee core.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Checked the entries in SMSY --> server the hosts their ip address are defined. I mean it is able to pickup the ABAP stack of the system. Why is it not for the java stack on the same server?

2. Solman SMD agent is visible in agent admin and i have also attached to managing system using agent candidate management. Strangely it does not pick it up in setup wizard

3. OK.

4. solman is EHP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. SMSY-Have you configured the Java component via SLD?. also you should associate the Java component to a SID ->there you chould make the JAVA component as relevant.Make sure you have maintained the Instances.

2. Attaching to the managed system will be done during the managed system setup-Diagnostics, not in agent candidate management-Assign the relevant SMD agent.

3. Done!

4. I Think you can ignore(can be a bug), Make sure the components are present.

Hope this helps,

revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

1> The Java comp have been assigned a SID and their components are also marked as relevant. The instances have also been maintained. But the java components have not been maintained via SLD, these systems were created in SMSY manually.

The problem is the we have central SLD system where all our systems are available.

But during the solman installation a local SLD was installed so only solman data is available on local SLD. We need to replicate the central SLD data to solman.

We know it can be done from SMSY_SETUP and LCRSERVADDR, but we are not completely sure on the procedure... Could you shed some light on this?

2> Then the systems java stack should be available to do this procedure?

3>

4> OK as of now i dont see any problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1). Even I'm not sure on the procedure, but we can connect to a Central SLD and populate/replicate to other SLD. This is done by SLD bridge - GURUs correct me if I'm wrong.

2) I can't quite get this, the SMD Agent is same for both ABAP and JAVA.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

2> My Managed system has two entries under setup wizard. One for Java and one ABAP.

Something like GJDABAP and GJDJAVA

Regards

Anil Verma B

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes thats right- it should contain 2 entries in case of a dual stack, you can have same SMD agent for both ABAP and Java - SMD agent can support multiple SIDs and Components running in a Physical or virtual host.

Thanks,

jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To replicate master SLD data to solman SLD, you can login to master sld. Goto 'Administration'-> 'data Supplier'-> Add SLD bridge-> then add solman sld url/port and userid/password.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

I have not tried it but i think this only add the SLD systems info into SOLMAN. Not all the systems available landscape.

Regards

Anil Verma B

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to move ahead with the Setup Wizard by making making changes to the JAVA instance in SMSY.

But now when i click on Next to continue with the setup wizard i get the following error

An error occured while communicating with Message Server az18u021.honeywell.com:3601 through the instance az18u021/GJD/01[CI] (az18u021.honeywell.com) : Error to retrieve the process from Message Serv
er (detail: com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl: The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket connect
ion has been established.); nested exception is:
com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl: The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket connection has bee
n established.(cause=com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterControlExceptionImpl The message server did not respond within 60 sec. Please check if the message server is running and if the socket
 connection has been established.)
Please check Message Server host/port.
Communication with Message Server is mandatory for setup of 7.10 systems.

I checked the Message server logs and it throws the following error.

[Thr  1] *** ERROR => MsSLoginClient: MS_JSTARTUP client JM_T1254300185920_az18u021 (ip address) is EXTERNAL, access denied [msxxserv_mt. 3743]

I found a note for this error (821875) which requires to change of parameter ms/monitor to value 1 which basically allows external connections to administer the Msg server and note also suggests to open a admin port from SMMS transaction. I am still facing the same problem after applying the note.

If anyone has idea on this please let me know.

Regards

Anil Verma B