cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to send acknowledgement to the sender system when the file gets picked by XI.

I have seen this thread - ..

We are using FTP.. Any sugestions how this requirement can be met?

We cannot use archive as we need to send the response irrespective of successful processing..

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found that we can write sccripts on the FTP server for this.. Has anybody done anything similar...

Any help would be much appreciated..

regards,

Divya

Edited by: Divya Vidyanandan Prabhu on Sep 29, 2009 6:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments Playing with the file adapter's acknowledgments

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your scenario FILE_Sender --> XI --> Receiver and you need to intimate the FILE_Sender application saying that the file has been picked successfully (not processed) by XI?

You can include two Receivers in Receiver Determination...first will be actual Receiver and second will be the FILE_Sender service....have a different set of Directory objects then....to send the message back to the FTP server.....for the above assumption of your problem this procedure can be a simple to implement and understand..

REgards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can include two Receivers in Receiver Determination...first will be actual Receiver and second will be the FILE_Sender service

I doubt if this solution will resolve the expected purpose. Because here dummy File receiver need to be added that will probably send the response file..But in this case if the EOIO service is not maintained then,,, there can be chances that the File receiver will work before the actual scenario can be completed.

I think the usage of various features in PI, such as above mentioned dummy file receiver/ Response Bean modules/ BPM depends upon ...what kind of response expected on FTP side and what is the type of communication used on SAP end.

THanks

Swarup

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Because here dummy File receiver need to be added that will probably send the response file

We can use the sender service itself.....i dont think we need to have a dummy/ different service for this purpose

there can be chances that the File receiver will work before the actual scenario can be completed

I already did mention it as a question in my first reply:

Is your scenario FILE_Sender --> XI --> Receiver and you need to intimate the FILE_Sender application saying that the file has been picked successfully (not processed) by XI?

If the requirement is to ensure that the processing is done successfully (i.e. the file is sent to the receiver from XI; response is received from Receiver indicating success) and then intimate the Sender FTP server, then using a BPM will be one of the options.

May be my earlier reply was not informative enough....my bad

REgards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

abhishek,

Your understanding is correct..But that would require us to creat new Interface for each existing interface..

We have around 200 interfaces.. So any other input??

Also, we do not want to use BPM