Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermec C4 label printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem with an Intermec C4 label printer. I would like to print some text on a label when goods are received. I maintained the relevant output types so that the SapScript print program and SapScript form is triggered. This is working OK.

I don't want to print a barcode, but only some text (like material number and material description). I would like to use the printer in direct mode (e.g. send the following string to the printer to print the materialnumber: A24,312,0,4,1,1,N,"MATERIALNUMBER#: 000001").

The printer is printing something, but unfortunatelty a lot of 'rubbish' is printed as well. Also the string "A24,312,0,4,1,1,N" is printed; this string should determine the position of the text and not be printed.

SAP runs on the HP-UX operating system. Unfortunately there are no Intermec C4 Unix drivers available, so the printer is installed as being a generic Ascii printer (as well in the OS as in SAP).

Did someone manage to print labels from SapScript on an Intermec C4 printer by using direct mode input?

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

Simha_
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be the problem with the drivers u are using.

Use Generic ASCII drivers.

Keep on changing the drivers of the ASCII type.

It's a trial and error method..

U will be succeded.

Keep on trying. Patience needed.

Cheers,

Simha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Another question, to set the printer into direct mode input, the following commands should be sent to the printer:

<i>CR/LF to start command structure

Clear image memory

Print command to image buffer; Print x copies</i>

Can you tell me how I explicitly send a CR/LF from SapScript to the printer?

Thanks!

Ivo de Maat

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go through the printer manual once.

U can able to know every details about the commands of the printer.

Be patient, it's a very tough job to do.

Read the whole manual clearly and read the commands carefully..

U dont need to seperately specify anything in the SAPSCRIPT.

Whatever u do on OS level printing upload the same in the sapscript...

Cheers,

Simha.