cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear text for user and password into SAP PI FTP Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'd like to know when a get / put process is being done by PI FTP Adapter using FTPS whether the user and password is clear text (it must not appear in any moment of handshake between PI and legacy).

We are using FTPS for Control and Data Connection - all communication with FTP server is encrypted and uses SSL, but I haven't found in any place if this information is really hidden (avoiding any security issue).

Regards,

Marcelo Cabrera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

FTPS is not SFTP !!

Go though :

will help in taking decisions or taking an other route .

will suggest you to make a search , will help you to get something relevant as per your requirment.

Regrads,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Ok, sounds fine using SFTP, but my team has chosen FTPS, then I'd like to avoid to show user / password when my connection occurs. I checked into SAP help and for FTPS all communication with the FTP server is encrypted and uses TLS/SSL.

Do you know if my user / password will appears, clear text will happen? If it's encrypted, no worries, because nobody will find out what that values means.

Regards,

Marcelo Cabrera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcelo,

Do you know if my user / password will appears, clear text will happen? If it's encrypted, no worries, because nobody will find out what that values means.

The user id / password is encrypted during the FTPS connection. Of course, SFTP is a better option for file transfer, but you might end up paying more

Have you thought of using J2SE AE? It is secured and you can encrypt your passwords as well (if you think FTPS is not doing that )

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos