cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I would like to seek for your help regarding SMTP configuration/installation. We have window server and exchange server. The goal is to set up the SMTP so we can send the reports or data from our SAO system to recipients.

Note: We are not allowed to connect Exchange server directly to SAP systems ( because of Security)

SAP Systems (SM, ECC, XI, R3) -

>>> Windows server 1 -

>>> EXchange Server

in Internal DMZ ( no internet connection) with internet connection

I don't know what kind of connection should I do in the windows server. How am I going to install the SMTP to relay the emails to Exchange server. DO you have a better idea how this would work?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Eco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Note: We are not allowed to connect Exchange server directly to SAP systems ( because of Security)

>

> SAP Systems (SM, ECC, XI, R3) -

>>> Windows server 1 -

>>> EXchange Server

> in Internal DMZ ( no internet connection) with internet connection

>

Whose security are you worried about? SAP or Exchange?

For sending emails from SAP systems to your users, as of 6.10 you can use any SMTP-compatible mail server (note 455127). There is no more need for SAP Exchange Connector (note 122657). Configuration steps for SAPConnect can be found in note 455140.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Network Team has not approved connecting our SAP systems to Exchange server. This is because of Security. They want to make secure of Exchange server. Is it possible to connect window server in the middle? What should I do then in this Window server? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Eco

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood you correctly, your network team is worried that security breach in your SAP systems will put in danger Exchange servers, so they are forcing you to put another windows server in between? IMHO that is ridiculous. Your SAP systems should be the most secured systems in company. You are running ECC, so that's where your company money is. Go and tell them that if your SAP systems becomes compromised than they can put their Exchange servers in YouKnowWhere.

Anyway, their ridiculous setup is possible. You can use any SMTP compatible server. For example, you can install any flavor of Linux or BSD and use any SMTP server that comes with it. Just configure it to relay all mail traffic to their precious Exchange. There are also some free SMTP servers for windows. I have not used them but simple google search finds for example hMailServer. It is free and it can relay mail. Please read

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/v5.2/?page=reference_route.

Again, I have no experience with this server I just did google search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for the details of the SCOT configuration which is required for sending email...?

Regards,

Cs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cs,

Nope. Actually i am just going to install the SMTP so we can send email from SAP systems to the recipient. I believe that the list of recipients is in the Exchange server. We cannot connect our SAPsystems directly to the Exchange server, thus, i need to use another window server. What SMTP connection or configuration should I do in the window server? How am I going to enable its relay functionality, so it will relay the messages to the Exchange server?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Eco