cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude values in report selection ?

ravindra_tumuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am in NW 2004S BI 7.0 .

My requirment is to exclude some values in the selection screen of a report in BEX.

for examaple, out of 200 employees, i want to execute the report only for 198 employees and to exclude two guys.

Is there any way to achive this in the new version of BEX ?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in older ersion we use like this go to the field on which u wanted to apply restriction dclick on that field then rclik and say restrict after select the values u wanted to restrict

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

if you have values fixed for a query to be excluded, you can always restrict the infoobject with these values and click the exclude option when restricting. On the restriction screen where you move values from left to right pane, right click on the values and say "exclude"

2. if you want to exclude values during run-time, create variables on that object with user input option. during run-time(i.e while query execution), in the selection screen (i.e values input screen for that infoobject), you can exclude these values.

Hope this helps..

thanks,

ravindra_tumuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aby,

Thanks for your reply.

Point 1 is of no use, as we want to exclude the values at run time.

Point 2 : how to exclude the values ? In this version of BEx, i can not find exclusion button ?

Yes,it is there in older versions..

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure on the "new" version methodolgy..but in Old version..it can be done as followins:

In the restriction "drag the fixed values" on the right pannael (will be of green color) and then right click again on the values to see the "exclude" option..

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

In multiple select option you have the possibility to exclude value!

Isn't it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

two options,

1. exclude the values in the selection screen and save it as variant and use.

2. exclude the values in the Query Designer.

guess you know this possibilitiees...

Thanks,

Vachan