cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Transformation Bean(MTB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if given a choice between MTB and File Content Conversion which one should be chosen? and why ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to the above MTB can be used for changing the content type whn dealing with adapters lik SOAP and MAIL for the attachments sent through that

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you perform content conversion using the Adapter Module localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean especially when going from structured (multi record) flat to XML, you may need an "ignoreRecordsetName" option...

but there is no standard way to get rid of the <Recordset> node

refer this http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/events?rid=/library/uuid/482aae19-0301-0010-3485-8efd618818d0&overrid... to know the limitation of File content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message Transformation Bean can be achieved via adapter module. But FCC parameters is the inbuilt featre of file adapter.

Basically MTB feature should be used with other types of adapter such as receiver SOAP, JMS, Mail etc. where FCC feature is missing.

So I don't think there is as such any comparison of MTB and FCC because even if both are used for xml conversions, but for different typs of adapters.

Usage of MTB in file adapter will be of no use because you need to unecessarily add the adapter modules for the existing feature.

Also I think with FCC parameters you can ignore the recordset name, but you can't do this with MTB.

i.e. ignoreRecordsetName = true

Thanks

Swarup