cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a hierarchy datasource in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use the 0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER hierarchy datasource to load material hierachy in BW.

I had to modify the function module that creates the data for 0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER.

Now, i need to create a new datasource based on the new function module.

To do so, i created a generic datasource (with SBIW), a master data attributes datasource.

I tried to put the same parameters that in 0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER, but i didn't find how to indicate that it's a hierarchy and some other parameters (as you can see in RSA2 for 0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER in the "semantic attributes" area).

Also, i couldn't run the new datasource in RSA3 because it didn't show me the right selection fields.

Could you tell me if there is a specific transaction to create hierarchy datasources ?

Thank you.

MGH

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

Andrea, your solution is close to the one i need.

BW10 generated a datasource for application component FI-SL-IO (internal name ROOTYPEHC) and with the extractor GSBH_HIERARCHY_TRANSFER_SETS.

What i need is a datasource for application component LO-IO (internal name 0MATERIAL) and with extractor Z_...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Can anybody tell me

How to create a hierarchy datasource in BW

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May help you:----

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8e/dbe92341c84242be2c7d3917f1c197/content.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7034028c-ad1d-2a10-2c94-868e7707d...

Regards,

Suman

Edited by: Suman Chakravarthy on Aug 6, 2011 3:12 PM

Edited by: Jason Lax on Dec 28, 2011 2:28 PM (Updated URL to correct format)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try with transaction BW07 to create a custom hierarchy datasource .

Focus your attention also on table ROOHIECAT to maintain the sets entries

Hope it helps

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

But those documents tell me how to load and manage hierarchies in BW but i can't find how to create a datasource hierarchy in R/3.

MGH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

these may help u

-Shreya