cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Object Tag Page Viewer web part in MOSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sucessfully built and deployed the web part using the code provided in the whitepaper. However, I am unable to install the web part on any page.

Unable to add selected web part(s). Object Tag Page Viewer Web Part : Cannot import Object Tag Page Viewer Web Part.

TimeStamp: 9/23/2009 2:15:23 PM

Process: w3wp.exe (0x0914)

TID: 0x17C0

Area: Windows SharePoint Services

Category: Web Parts

EventID: 89ku

Level: High

Message: Failed to add webpart http%253A%252F%252Fwtca0029moss01%252F%255Fcatalogs%252Fwp%252FObjectTagPageViewer%252Ewebpart;%2520Object%2520Tag%2520Page%2520Viewer%2520Web%2520Part%2520. Exception System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetFile(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrContent, DateTime& pbstrTimeLastModified, Byte& piLevel) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetFile(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrContent, DateTime& pbstrTimeLastModified, Byte& piLevel) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetFileAsString(String url) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartQuickAdd.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

Correlation:

I don't know where to go from here. All of my iViews cause the looping issue with the OOTB iView web part so I obviously need to use this one. But since I cannot install it I'm stuck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff Langford

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the stacktrace I would say that your webpart is not completely deployed; the missing File probably refers to .webpart file.

If you open the Web Part gallery of your SharePoint site (Site Settings \ Web Parts gallery):

1) do you see the Object Tag Page Viewer listed ?

2) if so, try to preview it (double click the entry)

3) if this failes, try to open the .webpart file from the list (click on 'Edit Document Properties' icon)

Let us know your results.

Regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the pointer. I went back and looked at all of the code but everything seemed fine. Then I noticed that the assemply name specified in the manifest.xml did not match the actual assembly name. I changed that and now all is well. Thanks much.

Answers (0)