cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im using Function modules in VC to get data from SAP BW/BI . My function module is working perfectly fine in the backend in SE37. Its returning data the way i want it. But when i add that to VC & right-click on it and do Test Data Service & give the required input it doesnt return anything. It says 'empty....'. (I have setup it up as 'Remote-Enabled Module' ).

The system alias is working fine, i can say that as i have few other fucntion module based dashboard which use the same system alias & backend BW system which are returning data.

We are on VC 7.0 - Flex2 - SP14.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

It also could be authorization or as previews reply, a value problem. Try to debug by put a external stop point in your RFC and check what values you are sending via VC.

Let me know,

Gilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The problem will be mismatch of the format of inputs. For example for 'pernr', if u set it as '1000' in back end it'll work fine but you should mention it as '0000001000' (size 10 chars) in visual composer. Check your inputs and set right value and test. Let me if the problem still persists.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Basheer,

I tried that before posting this thread and didnt work. Thanks for prompt reply though... Letme know if you think of anything else.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vikram