cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump-Start for Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

so far I have used Message Mapping and XSLT for common mapping requirements. However I came across some requirements which can be only solved using Java Mapping.

So I want to start digging depper into that topic.

Do you know any useful tutorials and information resources I can use and that are advisable for Java Mapping beginners? Information I have found were not really step-by-step tutorials).

What additional tools and software is advisable to use to develop Java Mappings? Is it recommended to use the developer studio and what is the best way to test and debug Java Mappings?

Thank you very much helping me on my way becoming a Java Mapping expert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

To start with basics and an example tutorial you can see this:

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-java-mapping-demystified/

Advanced concepts here:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/91640c86-0b01-0010-5f9f-95e095674090&override...

To develop them you need either Netweaver developer studo or eclipse etc. NWDS is a free download from sap site and it can be used for other sap applications also. So usually developers will go with this. Here only you will debug and test it also. For testing and debugging see this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You did the same search for him?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the helpful links. This is exactly what I am was looking for!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried searching for the same?

I distinctly remember this same question having been asked before...

Cheers,

Julius