cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer non-valuated project stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

The project is set for "non-valuated" stock. Can stock that has been received into the project be transferred or goods issued to unrestricted plant stock? If so , how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logically speaking it can be done. The process is similar to valuated project stock. For non vlaueated project stock you will not find any entries in std reports like CJI3 etc. so , we have to remember steps performed. Normally at period end WIP is calculated for non - valuated stock for the calculating inventory cost.

This is my understanding, Requesting others to please add on it. It's very good topic.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be possible once you maintain account for GBB VKA in OBYC, as in case of non valuated stock consumption is posted once the GR is done ( i.e. no inventory a/c entry).

I hope this should help you.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we have maintained GBB VKA. And of course we can always reverse GR that have been applied to the project ... actually the PO line is assigned to the network (account assignment N). But if later it's determined that stock needs to be transferred to the plant, is there a movement type that would accomplish this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for Account assignment N there is no stock ( at the time of GR the consumption is booked for that material) so while at the time of reversal of that consumption as well you can not have the stock of material, as it will be a reversal of GR. So there won't entry of that material then after( I mean stock entry).

If you want to have that then create the purchase order of the material without any account assignment as a part of general stock and then transfer stock as per the requirement.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Edited by: A Bhardwaj on Sep 29, 2009 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. For now we've determined that the only way to move the stock back to the plant are posting reversals.