Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack/download to excel

joerg_arndt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

how can I find out what service pack I'm on visual composer?

The reason is.

I want to use the Download to excel functionality in VC.

Do I have to install EHP1 or is it enough to install SP's.

Thanks RG.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joerg_arndt
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

but the requirement is.

I have different materials in the query. Now I set a drop down list field on the input form.

Only choosed materials are shown in the output table and only these materials I want to download to excel.

Whether I choose "self" or "input form" in the "apply to" field it allways downloads the whole query.

It is probably because the data store is on the info port of the query element.

RG. Jimbob

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks to all,

> but the requirement is.

> I have different materials in the query. Now I set a drop down list field on the input form.

> Only choosed materials are shown in the output table and only these materials I want to download to excel.

> Whether I choose "self" or "input form" in the "apply to" field it allways downloads the whole query.

> It is probably because the data store is on the info port of the query element.

> RG. Jimbob

Hi

Where you are creating the 'Export to Excel button? Create it in the required output table & then select 'Self' option & check whether it is working or not.

Regards

Sandeep

joerg_arndt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I created it in the output table, System action is "Hyperlink" and apply to is "self" and the formular is like below.

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &"&BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND_1-EXPORT_FORMAT=XLS&BI_COMMAND_1-null="

Thanks Jimbob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Any ideas? Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You dont need 'EHP1' for exporting the data to excel. Just go through link below you will get the idea -

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Exportingdatafrom+VC

you can export to pdf as well. Read the document which is given in this link.

Regards

Sandeep

joerg_arndt
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep,

but this downloads only the whole query but I need only the data from the output table.

Rg. Jimbob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you configure the 'Export to Excel' Button, you will get options as export self or export all in the system action menu. There you select the required table. You will get the output.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you want to see only the columns that appear in your output table and not all the columns in query.

For this you would need to right click on the Query and select Define/Test Query, This will popup a screen, here you can select the fields that you want in the downloaded or excel file.

After selecting all the fields that you need Click Generate button. Now you will get only desired fields in the excel sheet.

Regards,

RK.