cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise 1: RFC-to-file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

Some consultants help my company set up SAP, but we'll update the PI module maybe, so my boss ask me to study PI. I'm reading Page 119 in "SAP Exchange Infrastructure for developers", and have a question.

In the first step, "Log on to the client of system A as the user SYS_A-##". I don't know what the system a means.

I have authorization to log in PI production/Dev/QA. After I log in PI dev, and input SE37,but I don't find "Z_RFM_MATERIALINPUT".

Who will help me?Thanks a lots.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The environment what your company having doesnot match with the book. You can just take an example for that and can see any function module in SE37 of sap. If you want same then you need to go the SAP Training.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Satish,

I don't think that simply looking at any old function module is "the same". Even their own interfaces are not always the same - particularly if they are not released and only used by special applications.

I think the answer is on page 47 of the same, but not in the same system and at a different point in time and location (possibly also release and SP level, and DB and OS is not the same).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I totally agree with you. My intention is since he want to practise or look into a rfc to file scenario, he can take another rfc in sap from se37 like bapi_order_create etc for just practising purpose rather than waiting.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Totally agree with you, but he cannot use the same system as A (yet) and should not use the same system as PROD!

A sandbox should be the same though?

SAP might also want to know where the document came from, but if it is a hardcopy then I think it is pretty much same-same for them.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right Julius.

Cheers,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad we agree, and mikenl seems to think the same as well.

Your BAPI example was a good one BTW; obviously you noticed my comment about the interface stability remaining the same.

> Regards,

> --- Satish

Yep, the same,

Julius

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

mikenl,

Are we on the same codepage here?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either "system A" is a secret code for creating function modules in your production system and your boss forgot to tell you about that, or the training document you have has an entirely different context to it?

You can access the function module easily by paying for the training course, showing up on site, your instructor will give you a password to System A after explaining a few things and even in that system, somewhere around page 82, you will need to have created the function module first.

Please revert back if not the same...

Julius

ps: ## is the terminal you are sitting at. (It is not your IP address)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Z_RFM_MATERIALINPUT

This is a custom object name which is probably given as an example in the documentation you are reading,

You won't find it as a standard Object in SAP.

Thanks

Aamir