cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate / Copy Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I built a Web Dynpro Java Project and now I want to duplicate this Project. So I want to copy the complete content into a new Project Folder, change a little bit and then deploy and run this "new" project.

If I just copy & paste the project via the Navigator View I run into an error when deploying this project.

Does anybody know how to deal with that correctly?

Many thanks & best regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that a DC Project or a simple webdynpro project???

If it is a simple WDJava Project you can do the below way.

First goto the location where you project is saved (ex: C:/User/WorkSpace/MyProj1)

then make a copy of this project and rename the copy with the name you want say Proj2

Now open Proj2 folder and delete the Proj1.ear file and

open the .project file using winword and change the below lines...

<projectDescription>

<name>should be the name of the new project(ex.Proj2)</name>

save the changes and goto NWDS and do an Import existing project, import the new project do a build then deploy...

Thats it..... you are all done....

Regards,

SrinivaS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

many thanks for your helpful replies!

Since it is s simple WebDynpro Java Project I decided to choose the way Srinivas described in the post before.

After having imported the new project successfully I rebuilt it and afterwards I tried to deploy and run it but got the following error message I can't handle:

09/09/29 09:40:27 -  Start updating EAR file...
09/09/29 09:40:27 -  start-up mode is lazy
09/09/29 09:40:27 -  EAR file updated successfully for 40ms.
09/09/29 09:40:27 -  Start deploying ...
09/09/29 09:40:28 -  EAR file uploaded to server for 305ms.
09/09/29 09:40:29 -  ERROR: Not deployed. Deploy Service returned ERROR: 
                     java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/BAIVControlStudent.. 
                     Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/BAIVControlStudent. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: 
                     	com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/BAIVControlStudent. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?
                     	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:569)
                     	at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1555)
                     	at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

any ideas on that?

Many thanks for your support!

Best regards

Tobias

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must rename applications and components in the new project in order to deploy it.

See following link: (Namespace conflicts)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/Clusterwide%2Bexception%2B-%2BFailed%2Bto%2Bdeploy%2BWeb...

Omri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

No need to do much work, it is very simple. Follow these simple steps.

1. Go to your SAP WorkSpace.

2. Copy the project folder you want to duplicate.(say, X is the project folder)

3. Paste it. (it will get paste as Copy of X if you do it at same location)

4. Change the Name of the Folder with the name of the New Project (say, you like to keep new name as Y)

5. Double click on folder, you will find a file ".Project" (it is a project file.)

6. Open this file in Notepad

7. There you will find HTNL Tag <name> X </name> (3rd or 4th line from top)

8. Change "X" to "Y" and save again.

Now Import this project in NWDS, build & deploy. It will be successful.

That's it. Your done, Enjoy !!

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Edited by: Chander Kararia on Sep 29, 2009 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please go to your workspace and copy the src folder of your DC which is to be copied. Create a new DC of webdynpro type and paste the copied src folderat the location of the src folder of the newly created DC in your workspace (Replace src folder of new DC with the copied src folder). Go to NWDS close the DC and open it, you will get a new DC with all the contents of the copied DC, then you can edit your changes and deploy it.

Gurmat

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Check this [thread|].

For DC follow this:

In step 1: Go to <Inst.Drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\<DC>\_comp

After that you need to rename the application, component names. Follow this wiki https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/Clusterwide%20exception%20-%20Failed%20to%20deploy%20We... if you get

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application exception.

Feel free to revert in case of any issues.

Regards,

Siva

Edited by: Siva Rama Krushna on Sep 29, 2009 1:29 PM