cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figures in Planning Area and Memory Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We understand that memory requirement depends on number of Key Figures in planning area.We need to understand that if we reduce number of Key Figures in Planning area say from 50 to 40,how do we meaure the amount memory we gain by reducing the Key Figures.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

To count the memory usage in DP, count the number of number of bucket: for each planning area: number of CVC * number of time bucket* number of key figure.

So if you delete 20 % of the key figure, you estimate areduction of 20% of memory consumption ofr this planning area.

Attention: life cache store more than TS buckets... so your memory usage is not going to be divided by 20%.

Also do not forget that SNP usually take more space than DP (of course it depends of your scenario). If you have defined specific version for DP you can see where the memory is consumed....

To get a better visibility you should simuate your case... Go to http://service.sap.com/quicksizing

Simulate your 2 scenarios and see the difference.

But the best is... to test it (in your test system for example).

At the end if you don't need a Key figure, it is always best to get rid of it

I hope it helps

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julien,

thanks a lot.It really helped.We did Quick Size Simulation test and by reducing the Key Figures Quick Size simulation reduced the memory requirement by 1.8 Gb.

Also please advice on following :

I understand the planning area intialisation at key Figure level,reduce the memory consumtion as well.Please advice how can I intialise the planning area with planning period at Key Figure level.

What is the t-code for looking "DP Planning Version "

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Program /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INIT_SHOW would disply initilised planning area by which you can get the details of the planning area version.

In case you want to get the list of the DP planning area wise planning version list, you may have to write small Query or ABAP program.

Please following T-Codes too

transaction /SAPAPO/MVM is for defining model and versions.

Trasaction /SAPAPO/TSCOPY will help you to find out planning area related to planning versions ... Note that do not excute the transaction further just use it to get the Planning area related to planning version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish.

See Anjali answer to "look for DP version".

Note that if your DP planning area is initialised for active version 000, you will not be able to distinguish between DP and SNP...

When you initialise the planning area, you have the option "maintain k fig horizon"

(either from the planning area administration - /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN - or directly from program /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE )

Is that your question?

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said,my question is certainly around "Maintain Key Figure Horizon".

I want achieve following :

HKF : History Key Figure to intialised for -12 to August 2009

FKF : Forecast Key FIgiure from September 2009 to 36 months.

In October it should be like :

HKF : History Key Figure to intialised for -12 to September 2009

FKF : Forecast Key FIgiure from October 2009 to 36 months.

In understand that there is option of maintain Key Figure.When I create variant for planning area intialisation using /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE,but the issue is the period on the variant screen over rides the period maintained at Key Figure level.

Issue 2

For a Key Figure When I ran the Fill rate report I get the following data :

No. Initial Time Series: 673,391

No. Filled Time Series: 626

No. Filled Entries: 5,991 KBytes: 130

Please help understand when it says " No. Initial Time Series: " how much memory is reserved for time series and what is the difference between "No. Filled Time Series: " and "No. Filled Entries: "

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Regarding issue 1: it should work.

The orverall horizon should be greater than the Key figure ones.

If you have issue with that, open an OSS...

Regarding issue 2: sorry I can't help here...

In my opinion the more relevant number for DP in the number of time series bucket, regardless if they are filled or not (the memory is "blocked" for this bucket. So I will be looking at "No. Initial Time Series".

No. Filled Time Series vs No. Filled Entries.... no idea

Maybe somebody will be able to give you a bette insight.

Good luck

Julien