SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL: Historic Billing Documents migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my client's requirement is to migrate 3 years full data history.

Particularly, the requirements are the analytical migration of meter readings, billing and invoicing documents and any corrections, payments, security deposits and installment plans, deveices and device changes (due to replacement), rate category and device changes (due to change of rate category), change of tenancies, move-out and move-in.

However, the major client's concern is the need to handle in SAP prior billing documents corrections.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Bou.Lis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

All these migration objects are available in SAP company code.

The following thread will be useful for you to get started:

[;

Edited by: Sachin Bhatnagar on Sep 24, 2009 8:55 AM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

All these migration objects are available in SAP company code.

The following thread will be useful for you to get started:

[;

Edited by: Sachin Bhatnagar on Sep 24, 2009 8:55 AM

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bou.Lis,

The project requirrments indicate a migration of a full history of everything. I can't imagine that this is in the scope of data migration. Also, it is not possible to migrate, for example, neither invoices (don't confuse w/ open items) nor print documents. I think that the fog will clear once it has been decided to migrate EBF-billing documents instead of real billing documents. But such a decision seems to be still far ahead ...

As already indicated, the will give you a good start in the decision making process.

Kind regards,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both, Sachin and Fritz,

thank you for your response and the useful documentation. However, let me become more detailed on the problem currently facing. My client is in the energy sector over 20 years and are currently moving in SAP IS-Utilities environment. However, as it is obvious for them, they are not willing to lose their owned information history due to the software change. Thus, within the requirements, they expect to keep at least detailed historical information of their PoDs and customers (potentially in a non-operational database).

Clearly, up-to-date open items (credit or debit amounts), security deposits and so on will be transferred by all means in SAP, however the major concern that all other data are required is that ,due to legal restrictions, a customer is able to ask for a bill correction even for a 3 years past bill.

Reading the documentation and trying a bit around in the system, we succeeded in uploading a currently moved in customer (u039COVE_u0399u039D) with billing documents (BILLDOC) for one period prior his move-in and another period after his move-in.

Could you pls give me further hints how to do, next, a bill correction in the prior bill document?

Is it an independent manual bill, where the implemented rates does not play any role, or can calculations be achieved by the system?

Do I further need necessarily the consumption/or meter reading history or not?

In case a historical customer is migrated (MOVE_IN_H), I understood that I further can use the BILLDOC as long as the installation structure is available in the system. Does the installation structure has to be the one during the past period, I mean, with the device of that period or can it be with the last available device?

In case I have figured it out correctly, EBF can be used for the migration of billing documents, in order to avoid the migration of the installation structure. However, in such a case, how can the calculations of the bill correction take place? Only through manul billing or also via rate calculations?

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

In our project, we did not have requirement to migrate the prior bills, but for the customers who needed correction, we had to change their move-in date in the past after go-live and then bill them in the past in SAP. We called this after go-live bill correction. It may not be useful for you, but just thought to mention that jsut in case.

I think you may need to perform a manual adjustment in your situation.

-Q

0 Kudos

Q, thank you for your help.

Actually we are still looking around the possible, best solution for the historical data for the customer requirements and I would appreciate if you could provide me some further hints in the solution you have worked on.

So, after the go-live, a customer asked for a correction and in that case you changed the move-in date to an older one. How did you achieve that? Did you open all SAP billing periods via reversal or adjustment reversal in order to change the move-in date?

When billing those customers in the psat, after changing the move-in date, did you simply use manual billing, or did you achieve that doing rate calculations?

Bou.Lis

0 Kudos

Hi - Unfortunately I was not involved in this enhancement. But here is what they did:

Billing history from the legacy system was not converted into SAP, instead thirteen months of meter reading history was converted into the system to support the cancel-rebill process. The cancel/re-bill procedure at go-live needed changing the SAP move-in date to the day after the last correct billing in legacysystem, so that the rebilling can be completed in SAP, and using a manual billing document generator enhancement to create the corresponding credit to cancel the charges from the legacy system.

SAP was configured to bill accurately up to 2 years prior to the move-in date. This required configuring old prices as well as current prices. So, It was possible to cancel/rebill beyond 2 years into the past using manual billing documents.

Hope this gives you an idea about what was done in this project.

-Q